Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just google him and his wage. There are loads of different sources saying 65k.

It seem only the echo and royalbluemersy have plucked 120k from absolutely nowhere.
To be fair they're not actually different sources, they're different sites quoting the same source. As I said, I have no idea what he earns, I was going off the figures i'd seen mentioned a lot. If it's lower then great, we're potentially only paying him £10m to play for somebody else. It was a great deal after all.

To be fair they're not actually different sources, they're different sites quoting the same source. As I said, I have no idea what he earns, I was going off the figures i'd seen mentioned a lot. If it's lower then great, we're potentially only paying him £10m to play for somebody else. It was a great deal after all.
If he’s on 120k or 50p it’s still a waste of money

That's why its shrewd to buy younger and potential in the main.Even Kean has probably held value in Italy we could use him as a swap or sale.

....the one signing I would question is Delph. I understand the need for experience and a player who is ‘good around the dressing room’, but those with bad injury records, especially where hamstrings are concerned should be given a wide berth.

We've just got 250k a week off the wage bill. That's 250k a week that could be used for the salary of one or two seriously good players!

No doubt further deadwood will be culled in due course, giving us the opportunity to sign top quality players without drastically increasing the wage bill.

Not to be a wet blanket, but i'm not so sure they are "available" wages to be redistributed mate.

The club have been in urgent need to bring the wage bill down for a while.

We haven't really signed any out and out dross. The closest bought has probably been Delph who has been a poor buy and we have to hope he can miraculously get himself fit (or Leeds come in for him). However there's none that need to be bombed after 12 months like what we had at the back end of Martinez under Walsh.

Clubs can't really function having to just buy and sell 15 a season. Thats just crisis management and you can't forward plan or anything else in that environment. I'm hopeful after this summer we will be 90% of the way to where we want to be in terms of moving people on. We then need to get greater consistency from the players we have, and some of those that currently have a question mark next to them (Iwobi, Kean, Bernard, Pickford) need to turn that around.

Klopp had 4 years after inheriting a squad that had challenged for the title until he got success (If I out aside my conspiracy theories for a while on how he achieved it). But the point stands that it took a long time of slow building piece by piece. Brands inherited a truly terrible squad in 17/18 with only one decent asset (Gueye) and some unproven youngsters (Holgate and DCL) as they only bright spots at all. If we gave Ancelloti and Brands 4 seasons of continuous investment then I would guarantee we’d be miles ahead of where we are now. It’s a process and as long as the quality of the squad keeps increasing that’s all I care about and from my point of view the squad has improved hugely since Brands came in with us now having far better players on the pitch. We just need to keep going in the right direction.

....the one signing I would question is Delph. I understand the need for experience and a player who is ‘good around the dressing room’, but those with bad injury records, especially where hamstrings are concerned should be given a wide berth.
At the time probably seemed a good idea, 8 mil for a winner and a leader and he seems to be neither but then that’s the Everton effect, pretty sure if we bought Messi and Ronaldo, within a week they would Turn in to Niassie and Mcgeady

https://www.[Publication is blackli...ered-chance-to-re-sign-26-yr-old-from-giants/

Three little articles about Lozano, Pickford, and Stones
Definitely wouldn’t buy Lozano for the money Napoli paid. Maybe a loan.

Wouldn’t have stones back, still can’t defend. And remember all the media saying good he would become under pep. Who’s picking midfielders and kids before him theses days.

And I would sell Pickford tomorrow if we got a good offer

Not to be a wet blanket, but i'm not so sure they are "available" wages to be redistributed mate.

The club have been in urgent need to bring the wage bill down for a while.

When you consider we still have the following to get shot of:

Sandro - £70-100k a week
Siggurdsson- £90k-100k a week
Walcott - £100k+ a week
Bernard: £100k+ a week
Tosun: £70k+ a week
Kenny: £15-20k? a week
Bolasie: £70k+ a week

Thats some serious wages we can use to bring in 3-4 top players.

Why for me I would get rid of Bernard & Walcott if possible as the wages they are on doesnt equal the output they provide us.

Some clever movement in the TW can help us massively.

Klopp had 4 years after inheriting a squad that had challenged for the title until he got success (If I out aside my conspiracy theories for a while on how he achieved it). But the point stands that it took a long time of slow building piece by piece. Brands inherited a truly terrible squad in 17/18 with only one decent asset (Gueye) and some unproven youngsters (Holgate and DCL) as they only bright spots at all. If we gave Ancelloti and Brands 4 seasons of continuous investment then I would guarantee we’d be miles ahead of where we are now. It’s a process and as long as the quality of the squad keeps increasing that’s all I care about and from my point of view the squad has improved hugely since Brands came in with us now having far better players on the pitch. We just need to keep going in the right direction.
He took over a team that finished 2nd because of a slip, he’s also got them To 3 euro finals in 3 years
We havnt been anywhere forever
Can’t compare the 2 clubs really. The difference is huge

I believe Ancelotti the right man and will get us up there

Stories this morning

Everton have been linked with resigning John Stones from Manchester City, it is believed Pep will look to overhaul his squad in the window and John Stones has fallen out of favour. Stones will be available for much less than City paid for him. I would quite like to have him back, I think he is quality, if we can get him for the right price.

Regular links with Gabriel and Patrik schick and Lozano, no real updates, just the same recycled stories

i wouldnt be against Stones coming back either.

Mostly since the return. Hoffenheim, Dortmund, Bremen. Didn‘t pay as much attention to him before.

Honestly didn’t watch as many Bundesliga matches in Feb cause there was still Premier League on. That said I they played Mainz, Paderborn and Koln and weren’t exactly great. There may not have been many player of the month contenders.

Also, Kenny is one of 5 nominees for rookie of the year in the Bundesliga so I am not sure how much those awards are worth. (Note - I am not railing on Jonjoe, but I don’t think he is good enough for our first XI either)

Maybe liability is a strong word, but I just don’t think he is what we need to pair alongside Mason. He’s talented, but I am not sold he is ready for England.

I also don’t really think we should be bringing in a center half to develop. We have Mason, Mina, Gibson and Branthwaite for that. Would much rather an established player.

I agree, i dont think hes the full article yet. Try and catch the full barca inter match if you can as he was amazing in that game.

Id say he'd be similar as Kean in terms of a young signing with massive potential. Id actually sign him for that RB / RCB position which Coleman has been playing. I think hed be great there and can develop like Lescott and Stones did before moving centrally.

Otherwise for me, Gabriel or someone similar...maybe Stones to return? I also like Romagnoli at Milan.

When you consider we still have the following to get shot of:

Sandro - £70-100k a week
Siggurdsson- £90k-100k a week
Walcott - £100k+ a week
Bernard: £100k+ a week
Tosun: £70k+ a week
Kenny: £15-20k? a week
Bolasie: £70k+ a week

Thats some serious wages we can use to bring in 3-4 top players.

Why for me I would get rid of Bernard & Walcott if possible as the wages they are on doesnt equal the output they provide us.

Some clever movement in the TW can help us massively.
Walcott and Sigi won’t be leaving, Tosun got a serious injury so won’t be leaving either

Status
Not open for further replies.