Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to one of the American medical people on here there was a vaccine found for SARS ,but the virus went away and clinical trials stopped due to lack of funding
@LinekersLegs and @RAFUH
Wouldn’t surprise me. The infectious nature of COVID makes it a much bigger problem. And likewise I dare say governments weren’t too interested in ploughing huge amounts of money into a vaccine for the common cold.

Not everyone needs it if they can A. Test who has had it and, B. Proved conclusively you can only get it the one time.

After that you’re only needing to first give it to the most vulnerable and then slowly filling in the gaps.
But if say you or I are way down the list of priorities of getting it .
What is to stop us passing it on then to others.

But if say you or I are way down the list of priorities of getting it .
What is to stop us passing it on then to others.

Because we’ll hopefully have been tested to see if we have it. I can’t say they’ll keep us al in till we’ve been tested as they won’t but that would be helpful.

Like I say, once all the vulnerable have a cure it’s really not so bad whoever else gets it as the mortality rate will be extremely low.

Because we’ll hopefully have been tested to see if we have it. I can’t say they’ll keep us al in till we’ve been tested as they won’t but that would be helpful.

Like I say, once all the vulnerable have a cure it’s really not so bad whoever else gets it as the mortality rate will be extremely low.
You may not have it when your tested . You may get it the following day. The vaccine will help but it is not goin to eradicate this virus.

Realistically, if a successful vaccine is developed then it will take time to mass produce and then to administer to the population. The former Norwegian PM, who I believe is a doctor, said we are probably going to be in measures to deal with this outbreak for 18 months to 2 years.

You may not have it when your tested . You may get it the following day. The vaccine will help but it is not goin to eradicate this virus.

If all vulnerable people are vaccinated and they test everyon else to see who has had it it won't eradicate it but makes it much harder to spread and thus much simpler for the NHS to deal with cases.

I read that this morning. The figures are highly disputed. Lets hope they are wrong because if they are correct then our death count will be three times higher than Italy, and the daily death toll will be 3000 people per day in the next week or so.
As a statistician, I would be inclined to trust our own scientists modelling as they will have a better understanding of the U.K. situation and I dare say the underlying assumptions in their models will be better informed than the IMHE model. If not, then heaven help us.

interesting to see the SFA move now; they are voting on a points per game average to determine the result of the season, across every division, settling Titles, Europe and relegation. If this was to go ahead and get approved by clubs & UEFA (as a valid nomination for clubs to compete in European cups next season); I could see this being adopted across a lot of leagues.

The PL requires a 14 club majority, should the vote on something similar & I would imagine they would get over the line here as it would bring the desired closure to proceedings for most. One thing UEFA have said is void and reselect last years teams as the qualifiers for Europe will not be accepted, I would guess they would view this, given it as an outcome from this season with more favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.