Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - again see your point & the league one example is a really good one, but as I said re Ziyech; to the best of my understanding he would simply be ineligable to play for new team during this season irrespective of when it is played. He is not registered and while he might be a player for his new club, he cannot play in this competition.

& again, you are right it is a legal minefield, but what I have argued since day one in this thread, that every outcome results in a legal catastrophe & the "just void & be done with it" is equally as complex as what you have raised above
I think you're probably right about ineligibility of the player unless there's a multilateral agreement to bend certain rules due to these extraordinary circumstances.

Well the scum think they are
After all it does mean more

Well there's a different between a spoilt person's feelings of entitlement, and a legally defensible perspective.

Lets take the blue tinted glasses off a moment, if they were unable to seal the title this season it would be very unfortunate. However people seem to construe very unfortunate in a sporting context with an ability to litigate successfully in a legal context. The two things are different.

Of course our legal system is to some degree based upon a shared sense of morality, and there is undoubtedly overlaps, but as morality means different things to different people the law doesn't really get involved too much in that. It focuses upon what is provable and with a couple of areas which are sacrosanct (and contract law, in European capitalist states is one of them).

A lot of the time a lot of the contracts are not morally fair, however we are built upon a principle of contracts are enforced, or the system collapses.

This will sound odd, but a court would look at Liverpool's situation and they'd have a hard time proving loss of earnings as a result of not winning the league. I imagine they will still get the lion share of the TV revenue, they will still qualify for the CL. Leicester would have a potentially better case, as they may lose out on European revenue.

you're spot on & they shouldn't have happened & for sure you are being very generous with inept (although the boris in Hospital PR stunt is going well for them).

That said - whether this season is void or not; the scary prospect is they are going to be the ones giving the green light as to when it is safe to return to football, schools, concerts etc
Feeling here ( Ireland ) is schools will reopen in September
All social events that involve large crowds will be early next year
Until we get a vaccine this will be closely monitored and any outbreak .big or small ,will lead to more lockdowns

Until we get a vaccine this will be closely monitored and any outbreak .big or small ,will lead to more lockdowns

I would guess 18 months for a vaccine. It would be good to have a reliable antibody test (which could tell if someone has previously had COVID19 then recovered, or been infected and had no symptoms).

The main difference with COVID19 is the potentially large number of symptom-free carriers of the disease. This could be up to 51% of all those infected. Hence the import of distancing and lockdown.

Testing and Tracing would have been short term pain for long term gain. That's not what UK did, but it would have been better. The important thing now is to take the pain so that there's a reduced chance of firstly second peaks, deaths and secondly further disruption.

In light of this certainly the football and other such activities really must not restart for a long time, after summer maybe. Regardless of whether they complete the current season or start again or whatever.

What I’ve heard in NI is similar. Talk of events being canned until 2021. Schools aiming to reopen in September.

What happens if we never find a vaccine.

Still to this day we don't have one for SARS another strain of Coronavirus.

Norway, Luxembourg, Austria and Denmark all suggesting late April and early May initial lifting of stay at home orders. In Norway's case, schools opening last week in April and shops and cafes (no bars/restaurants with alcohol) start of May. International flights back too. Sport, in Norway's case, explicitly held back to June. Suspect other countries will be watching their experience closely.

Norway, Luxembourg, Austria and Denmark all suggesting late April and early May initial lifting of stay at home orders. In Norway's case, schools opening last week in April and shops and cafes (no bars/restaurants with alcohol) start of May. International flights back too. Sport, in Norway's case, explicitly held back to June. Suspect other countries will be watching their experience closely.
The Nordic countries have a much more established culture of flexible working, so I imagine a lot will continue to work from home. Having relatively small populations probably also make testing/contact tracing a lot more feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.