Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an easy win
I have no knowledge myself. I am very happy to rely on the advice of our medical professionals.
If they are allowed to tell the truth , you can bet your life that Boris and his health minister will be heavily censoring what information is fed to the great british public .
They are playing down the seriousness of the situation to delay the impact on the economy.
I wouldn't trust Boris to look after my coat never mind my health .

I'm quoting from clinicians who know far more about it than you two.

From the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Stockholm, 2020

High-risk exposure (close contacts*)
  • A person living in the same household as a COVID-19 case
  • A person having had direct physical contact with a COVID-19 case (e.g. shaking hands)
  • A person having unprotected direct contact with infectious secretions of a COVID-19 case (e.g. being
    coughed on, touching used paper tissues with a bare hand)
  • A person having had face-to-face contact with a COVID-19 case within 2 metres [2] and > 15 minutes
  • A person who was in a closed environment (e.g. classroom, meeting room, hospital waiting room, etc.)
    with a COVID-19 case for 15 minutes or more and at a distance of less than 2 metres
  • A healthcare worker (HCW) or other person providing direct care for a COVID-19 case, or laboratory
    workers handling specimens from a COVID-19 case without recommended PPE or with a possible breach
    of PPE [3]
  • A contact in an aircraft sitting within two seats (in any direction) of the COVID-19 case, travel companions
    or persons providing care, and crew members serving in the section of the aircraft where the index case was seated [4] (if severity of symptoms or movement of the case indicate more extensive exposure, passengers seated in the entire section or all passengers on the aircraft may be considered close contacts)

• 2. Low-risk exposure (casual contact)

• A person who was in a closed environment with a COVID-19 case for less than 15 min or at a distance of more than 2 metres
  • A person having had face-to-face contact with a COVID-19 case for less than 15 min and at a distance of less than 2 metres
  • Traveling together with a COVID-19 case in any kind of conveyance.
    Longer duration of contact increases the risk of transmission; the 15-minute limit is arbitrarily selected for practical purposes. Based on individual risk assessments, public health authorities may consider expanding contact tracing and management to persons who had a shorter duration of contact with a case.

IN A NUTSHELL: PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO PEOPLE IN A CONFINED SPACE > THE LIKELIHOOD OF TRANSMISSION.
So, would make more sense to stop buses and metros, theaters and cinemas rather than outside events

It is massivley less risk: most people at a football game will be within less than half a metre of other people, never mind 2 meters for about 2 hours on matchday. That is a breeding ground for transmission. How many people out shopping will be standing within 2 meters of the same people for more than 5 minutes, nevermind the 15 to 20 minutes said to be the required period of exposure to the virus for it to be transmitted?

I doubt at a shopping centre people are constantly shouting. I have seen accidental spit on more than one occasion come flying passed when there has been a contentious decision by the ref.

Crazy that the government are going to let this carry on. I have a £90 ticket to watch Wales in Cardiff, I doubt I will be going. I wonder how many will do the same? By Saturday I guess the confirmed cases will be at least a 1000 with possibly 5 times that walking around not knowing they have anything, it only takes one of those to be close to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.