Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the season is cancelled that's two Anfield derbies and none at Goodison..... only in this bloody VAR-encrusted, RS title luvvie vomit inducing season would that happen.

An alternative would be to have sets of playoffs - the Premier League Screen Sport Super Cup

PLSSSS Div 1 - Liv, Man C, Man U, Chels, Ars, Tot (Title playoff)
Div 2 -The rest (Winner gets Europa League spot)
Div 3 - Bottom four (Winner stays up)

However I agree if the PL decide to do anything it should be cancelling the season rather than playing behind closed doors.

Its not fair if the home advantage factor is taken away from clubs who in the reverse fixture were up against it playing away.
they're in an invidious position, whatever they decide or don't decide to do they will be criticised. Any decision to restrict games played or attendance or similar could face massive legal challenges.

I just cant be doing with all the scaremongering mate. When mother nature wants us gone she'll have us gone - we ultimately have no say in that so why worry about something you have zero control of?

Coronavirus numbers increase day on day yet many more people are told in this country the awful news that they have cancer or heart disease.

You could die tonight from a sudden heart attack - dont spend your day running around Asda buying up all the bog roll go enjoy your life mate you dont know when your time is up.

I do agree.

A normally sensible mate, contacted me mid week and said did we want to cancel going for a pint tonight.

Needless to say I’m still going out.

they're in an invidious position, whatever they decide or don't decide to do they will be criticised. Any decision to restrict games played or attendance or similar could face massive legal challenges.

Shame they dont just scrap the Euro's and suspend the season for a month then extend the season in April/May which pushes into June/July.

That will happen regardless if everyone is on lockdown - whos emptying your bins or building houses etc?

I think we in western society particulary places like the UK that have no killer wildlife, no wars, no natural disasters etc. have become too comfortable and have forgotten that this is exactly life for many people especially in third world nations - you either sit and cry about it or you get up and get on with your life.

Unless you want military on the streets shooting anyone who dares leave their house you aint stopping this thing from spreading. I know a mate whos due to go out to Italy next month as will countless others with holidays booked that will likely still travel around the world - it is not stopping.

If people can get on with their lives when the Nazi's were bombing cities to hell im sure we can do likewise with something thats essentially a slightly worse case of the flu for the majority of the population.

The problem is Kev and Tracy will still go to northern Italy without a care in the world and then come back and give it to poor Doris next door who has been careful as she can be. Some people need protecting from themselves (& for the sake of others) as common sense has appeared to have gone out the window nowadays.

I do agree.

A normally sensible mate, contacted me mid week and said did we want to cancel going for a pint tonight.

Needless to say I’m still going out.

State of most pubs nowadays mean there should be way less chance of getting something than say if you were at a coffee shop.

*That's the way it is down here anyhow, Liverpool may still have a thriving pub scene.

State of most pubs nowadays mean there should be way less chance of getting something than say if you were at a coffee shop.

*That's the way it is down here anyhow, Liverpool may still have a thriving pub scene.

My local is sound, they’ve put hand sanitizer gel in the bogs and so far no one has pinched it !

Status
Not open for further replies.