2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully shows something between now and end of season.

One worry for me was in 2nd half he had the ball about 21 yards out and had a clear shooting chance straight through the middle. I was behind goal and there was clear daylight for him. He instead looked for a nonsense short ball and fell over his feet. If he lacks confidence in shooting and making a name for himself amongst nobodies it’s a worry.

Didn't see Gordon do much of note so nothing much to say; jury's out
Sorry to be just another of the people in the queue appearing to have a go at you, but the jury was always going to still be out unless the lad got three goals and provided 2 assists. 45 minutes, good or bad, just isn't enough to reach a verdict.

Considering the basic objective of a young player in that situation is not to make a fool of himself, I thought he did well. Worked hard, closed down defensively, and was lively and quick when we had the ball. Jury obviously still out, but I at least was quite encouraged.

Sorry to be just another of the people in the queue appearing to have a go at you, but the jury was always going to still be out unless the lad got three goals and provided 2 assists. 45 minutes, good or bad, just isn't enough to reach a verdict.

Considering the basic objective of a young player in that situation is not to make a fool of himself, I thought he did well. Worked hard, closed down defensively, and was lively and quick when we had the ball. Jury obviously still out, but I at least was quite encouraged.
Good post.

Need to give these lads time and the benefit of the doubt.

Not going to lie , I don't see anything to sing and dance about. He looks rapid in the u23s but I don't think he's that fast. Could a squad man I guess but we already have an abundance of squad men.

Not going to lie , I don't see anything to sing and dance about. He looks rapid in the u23s but I don't think he's that fast. Could a squad man I guess but we already have an abundance of squad men.

The pace of a player doesn't change based on what league they're in you know. He's quick in the U23's, he'll be quick for Everton, he'd be quick down Sefton Park.

The pace of a player doesn't change based on what league they're in you know. He's quick in the U23's, he'll be quick for Everton, he'd be quick down Sefton Park.
Sorry I'll explain a bit more for you. The players in u23s he's playing against are probably slower than full established prem players so he looks faster.

Hopefully shows something between now and end of season.

One worry for me was in 2nd half he had the ball about 21 yards out and had a clear shooting chance straight through the middle. I was behind goal and there was clear daylight for him. He instead looked for a nonsense short ball and fell over his feet. If he lacks confidence in shooting and making a name for himself amongst nobodies it’s a worry.
It was his first game. He needs more games to get his confidence. First game is about taking no chances and play easy balls. Let's see what he's like with 50 games under his belt

Again, why are people slower in the U23’s than the first team? Such a strange assumption to make. It’s not like you necessarily get faster with age and experience haha.
No I don't think it is, more development leg muscles means more pace. Then you have naturally fast players like Walcott who wouldn't of made it without the pace.

Gordon looks lightentining in the reserves. His cameo yesterday, he didn't. Like you said he hasn't slowed down.

Young lad , first game , away from home , in a poor side decimated with injuries.
Not fair or proper to pass any judgement
The fact that him GIBSON and our sweet prince were on the bench is telling.
Carlo saying to the board
I can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear

Young lad , first game , away from home , in a poor side decimated with injuries.
Not fair or proper to pass any judgement
The fact that him GIBSON and our sweet prince were on the bench is telling.
Carlo saying to the board
I can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear

Gibson was on the bench because Keane is injured obviously.

Again, why are people slower in the U23’s than the first team? Such a strange assumption to make. It’s not like you necessarily get faster with age and experience haha.
Oh dear.

Sport just like life is all about levels.

When you move up your attributes stay the same but your competitors/colleagues are generally far higher than at your previous level.

Status
Not open for further replies.