2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looked very nervous to start with which is totally understandable, was keen to press get tight and tackle. I noticed a lot or talk from other players giving him guidance which is great but at the wrong times i.e. when he was one on one defending; he carnt process that in split seconds let him make those decisions to get tight or standoff otherwise it slows his reactions down. Talk to him about positioning etc when he isn’t under the split-second pump needing to make instant decisions. Thought he did well, brought some energy, looked for the forward pass when he could took safe options when needed.

I’d like to see Gordon play lcm with Bernard outside home on the wing. He seemed to drift into that left mid position away from the wing during the second half. I feel he’ll offer more in the midfield than what we have available at the moment.

I’d like to see Gordon play lcm with Bernard outside home on the wing. He seemed to drift into that left mid position away from the wing during the second half. I feel he’ll offer more in the midfield than what we have available at the moment.

Last week Bernard also started on the left and drifted inside...could just be the tactics.

Someone NEEDS to replace Walcott...I hope @blueloon chimes in to say Gordon is best on the right :)

At the moment I think we'll go with Bernard/Walcott and ease Gordon in every match getting a game off the bench...with a handful of starts thrown in.

Last week Bernard also started on the left and drifted inside...could just be the tactics.

Someone NEEDS to replace Walcott...I hope @blueloon chimes in to say Gordon is best on the right :)

At the moment I think we'll go with Bernard/Walcott and ease Gordon in every match getting a game off the bench...with a handful of starts thrown in.

He isn't.

He isn't.
Yep, played virtually all his u18/U23s games on the left or through centre, only time I can recall him seeing him on the right was in an England youth game. He doesn’t have the experience of say Richarlison or Bernard to suddenly adapt to a new position and he’s not a wonderkid who’s going to take the PL by storm and make the England squad by the end of the season. He is though a decent 18 year old prospect who’s shown skill and talent over the past 18 months and is developing nicely.

He is 19 and didnt even score or assist. Ergo, he must be [Poor language removed] like Kean, DCL and Holgate.
Edit: Sorry, he is of course 18. I'll give him another 45 mins before passing judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.