2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies stood out at Under23 level because there is a monumental difference between the physicality/speed/quality/game iq of regular prem players and regular under23 players.

Oh dear.

Sport just like life is all about levels.

When you move up your attributes stay the same but your competitors/colleagues are generally far higher than at your previous level.

Yes, so if someone said "he looks better in the U23's" that would make sense. Saying "he looks faster in the U23's" makes no sense whatsoever.

Yes, so if someone said "he looks better in the U23's" that would make sense. Saying "he looks faster in the U23's" makes no sense whatsoever.
Well have to agree to disagree.

Players as a whole at under23 level will have less pace than a team of prem players.

Therefore, anyone will ‘look’ quicker in an under23 game than a prem game.

@Nymzee @blueloon @Eggs i was joking earlier about Gordon being "better on the right hopefully" because of course he could replace Walcott by seasons end.

As it is i did say he would probably come in for Bernard/Walcott every game now as a sub and maybe have 5 starts by season end...not really much to lose with neither Bernard or Walcott standing out for any 2 games.

The highlights i remember for the u23s are cutting in from the left and curling the ball into the net with his right, same as @Eggs compared to Coutinho. In fact Everton Soares does the same.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on by the summer and if Ancelotti classes him as Bernards competition for next season.

Unfortunately we have been so bad for most of the past four years that, for me, it's almost been a case of picking the XI least ineffective players or, if you prefer, the XI most arsed players. Lately this hasn't included the likes of Schnides.

So the fewer the Not Ar*ed lads ... Kean, Schneids, Siggi... Starting. The better.

Which means the likes of AG deserve a chance to shine and show these wasters what the shirt means

@Nymzee @blueloon @Eggs i was joking earlier about Gordon being "better on the right hopefully" because of course he could replace Walcott by seasons end.

As it is i did say he would probably come in for Bernard/Walcott every game now as a sub and maybe have 5 starts by season end...not really much to lose with neither Bernard or Walcott standing out for any 2 games.

The highlights i remember for the u23s are cutting in from the left and curling the ball into the net with his right, same as @Eggs compared to Coutinho. In fact Everton Soares does the same.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on by the summer and if Ancelotti classes him as Bernards competition for next season.
He's Bernard's competition right now

Considering Bernard and Walcott both continuously struggle to put a string of decent performances together, I'd have no qualms giving him a good few starts over the coming months to see how he adjusts.
He didn't look out of place at all, and think his ceiling in terms of natural talent is considerably higher than Davies' who's seen a lot of first team football over the past two years..

Status
Not open for further replies.