Transfer Rumour James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011-2015 - James averaged 40 appearances per season, averaged 2951 minutes per season - and 26 G/A contributions.

A top, all-round player. This James i’d be very much on board us getting, but he’s simply not there anymore.....

2015-2019 James averaged 33 appearance per season, averaged 2017 minutes per season - and 18 G/A contributions.

On average, over 31% fewer minutes on the pitch and this is continuing to decrease.

Last season, he made only 28 appearances all year and just 1654 minutes on the pitch.

Read into that what you will...
So what you've told me is he's playing less but not that he's playing worse

So what you've told me is he's playing less but not that he's playing worse

Which is important if you're going to spend big money and big wages on a player, no?

Nobody is arguing his quality. But availability is crucial. No good having a top class player in with the medics.

Which is important if you're going to spend big money and big wages on a player, no?
It is. But you're framing it like he doesn't have the ability and not like it's basically do we risk it and see if we can keep this guy healthy? Ability is not a question yet you keep asking it.

It is. But you're framing it like he doesn't have the ability and not like it's basically do we risk it and see if we can keep this guy healthy? Ability is not a question yet you keep asking it.

You're being overly sensitive and defensive on this one. I've repeatedly stated the guy is quality. But it's no good if he's never available.

Do we spend record money and record wages to bring a guy in with that sort of diminishing track record of fitness?

The answer has to be no. Bayern wouldn't pay it for him 2 years ago and refused the option to buy in the summer, we shouldn't be considering paying it now.

Nobody is arguing his quality. But availability is crucial. No good having a top class player in with the medics.
[/QUOTE]

You could look at this in a few ways

One way to look at it is that he has a lot left in the tank

You're being overly sensitive and defensive on this one. I've repeatedly stated the guy is quality. But it's no good if he's never available.

Do we spend record money and record wages to bring a guy in with that sort of diminishing track record of fitness?

The answer has to be no. Bayern wouldn't pay it for him 2 years ago and refused the option to buy in the summer, we shouldn't be considering paying it now.
Bayern signed Coutinho instead. The best option you could give us was someone who ran off to China instead of trying a tougher league.

Bayern signed Coutinho instead. The best option you could give us was someone who ran off to China instead of trying a tougher league.

Haland chose Dortmund over United and others offering more money this window. It's rarely about money and is often about game time, the coach, the style of play, the environment and ultimately, the project.

If we actually have the ambition we say we do, then Havertz isn't beyond our reach.

It's all subjective but I refuse to believe that people don't believe that there are scores of other possible players out there that would represent far better value than James Rodriguez at £40 odd million and £200k + a week minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.