Transfer Rumour James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even then,difficult to really come to any meaningful conclusión when they are in a different league with a group of different players and manager.

Oh I know, it's just people say "2014 WC" and pretend he's not played, and played well, since then.

By my count since the World Cup he's played 178 club games per year for 5 years which is ~36 games per season all comps.

No but name a better one and a way that we could sign him. I don't think that's so easy.

Kai Havertz, Anderson Talisca, Dani Olmo, Aleksandr Golovin, Jonathan Ikone, Jonathan David, Aleksei Miranchuk, Amine Harit - the list is almost endless.

Any of those would do lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kai Havertz, Anderson Talisca, Dani Olmo, Aleksandr Golovin, Jonathan Ikone, Jonathan David, Aleksei Miranchuk or Amine Harit.

Any of those would do lovely.
Can't sign
Went to China
Good player
LOL
Decent but not James level
Striker?
No idea who that is so I'm guessing not James level
And good player but not as good

This isn't that easy. The only one on their definitely better is Havertz and he isn't coming here.

Can't sign
Went to China
Good player
LOL
Decent but not James level
Striker?
No idea who that is so I'm guessing not James level
And good player but not as good

This isn't that easy. The only one on their definitely better is Havertz and he isn't coming here.

Why can't we sign him? If we've got the ambition we're suggesting, we can't sign a bloke from a team that may not even have Europa League Football next year?

So what if they went to China. With the new salary cap they'll all be coming back. The likes of Talisca and Oscar would walk in to most top six sides and would be far better uses of money than James.

Better to sign players with room to grow, rather than players who are well past their peak.

Certainly different options. Not convinced many are good options though. Creative players are a real problem for us. That's why turning down James would be nuts.

i appreciate the concern of an injury record that some have, I just dont see the concern about quality.

1. It's a massive increase in quality, he could go AMC or AMR and cut in.
2. It's a high profile signing that would not only boost revenue but also improve the team. Effectively becoming an investment into further players.

Regarding current creativity I do agree, Feels a lot like many of our attackers are on different wavelengths despite having particular assets that different and should compliment each other. Although to be fair the two games against Burnley and Newcastle everybody seemed to be singing from the same hymmsheet for a change and we created plenty, got shots off.

Why can't we sign him? If we've got the ambition we're suggesting, we can't sign a bloke from a team that may not even have Europa League Football next year?

So what if they went to China. With the new salary cap they'll all be coming back. The likes of Talisca and Oscar would walk in to most top six sides and would be far better uses of money than James.
Oscar was never better than James and I know less about Talisca but I don't think he is either. But I question the motivation of a player who went to China in their prime.

And Leverkusen isn't the issue. It's that most CL clubs will be trying to sign him too. There's no reason for him to choose us.

i appreciate the concern of an injury record that some have, I just dont see the concern about quality.

1. It's a massive increase in quality, he could go AMC or AMR and cut in.
2. It's a high profile signing that would not only boost revenue but also improve the team. Effectively becoming an investment into further players.

Regarding current creativity I do agree, Feels a lot like many of our attackers are on different wavelengths despite having particular assets that different and should compliment each other. Although to be fair the two games against Burnley and Newcastle everybody seemed to be singing from the same hymmsheet for a change and we created plenty, got shots off.
Agreed we did look better in those games but whether that's Ancelotti improving things or playing two teams that are bad at preventing shots remains to be seen.

Agreed we did look better in those games but whether that's Ancelotti improving things or playing two teams that are bad at preventing shots remains to be seen.

Burnley are notoriously difficult and we stayed patient.
Newcastle lost one at home all season. (now 3 obviously).

Credit where it's due. Ferguson got them playing with passion, Ancelotti got them playing football and attacking. Interesting to see how he sets up the midifeld when everybody is back fit.

Still don't know how we amassed 11 points from 15 in Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Burnley and Newcastle.

Would he hit the ground running if signed? Still think we need to watch our backs as some clubs are getting their act together around us and i dont think we can throw in a player who needs time to gain fitness or speed of this league. If at all he's a summer signing.

Better to sign players with room to grow, rather than players who are well past their peak.

That is my belief as well not sign up those in their last years.

You added the past their peak thing after I replied initially. I've seen no evidence that James is playing worse.

Grand Old Team: We need more world class players!!! How can we break into the Top 6!!

Everton: We have a chance to sign James Rodriguez!!!!

Grand Old Team: He's washed up, mate, and he's always crocked, otherwise why would he sign for us

Never change GOT

I've seen no evidence that James is playing worse.

2011-2015 - James averaged 40 appearances per season, averaged 2951 minutes per season - and 26 G/A contributions.

A top, all-round player, without question.

2015-2019 James averaged 33 appearance per season, averaged 2017 minutes per season - and 18 G/A contributions.

On average, over 31% fewer minutes on the pitch across a 4 year period - and this is continuing to decrease.

Last season, he made only 28 appearances all year and just 1654 minutes on the pitch.

Read into that what you will...

Status
Not open for further replies.