Votes: 265 33.5%
  • Top 10

Votes: 315 39.8%
  • Bottom half

Votes: 47 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
8th at best, probably 9th. I just think we've left ourselves with far too much to do to turn it around this season. I still detect a fragility to the side too. But if we finished 8th again, it would be further stability to add to the last 2 seasons, with the great feeling of knowing that we can then genuinely push on next season.

Ancelotti arriving has completely changed the direction the club is heading, especially if we get positive news next year with the Stadium.

I can't see us catching Wolves, Spurs or Man United from this position but if DCL can keep up his scoring form then we will have unexpectedly gained an advantage over the other sides in that we may well have a goalscorer to help us in the 2nd half of the season that we thought we'd be lacking. It helps the top sides so much.

If we can manage to beat City then we have a decent set of fixtures after that to keep the run going. I'd back us for a top 7 finish, maybe top 6 if we continued the good run through January.

8th at best, probably 9th. I just think we've left ourselves with far too much to do to turn it around this season. I still detect a fragility to the side too. But if we finished 8th again, it would be further stability to add to the last 2 seasons, with the great feeling of knowing that we can then genuinely push on next season.

Ancelotti arriving has completely changed the direction the club is heading, especially if we get positive news next year with the Stadium.

I can't see us catching Wolves, Spurs or Man United from this position but if DCL can keep up his scoring form then we will have unexpectedly gained an advantage over the other sides in that we may well have a goalscorer to help us in the 2nd half of the season that we thought we'd be lacking. It helps the top sides so much.

If we can manage to beat City then we have a decent set of fixtures after that to keep the run going. I'd back us for a top 7 finish, maybe top 6 if we continued the good run through January.

Spot on.

4 points from our next 2 games however and suddenly it gets interesting

Hopefully top half finish for me. This is just a consolidation season for me. Get a couple of loans in January. Then pre season get the midfielder in who can pass got the physical strength and can score in,. The ball playing fast CB and then a goalscorer in. Get Ancellotti to work his magic,. Get the fitness coaches to get these lot to peak fitness. Then a decent pre season were we play some decent teams. Then we will be ready for next season.

I've gone top 6. Just think Ancelotti and his coaching team know how to work with whatever players they have to get the best out of them. We'll strengthen in the transfer window and some players will come into contention under Ancelotti's tutelage.

Plus rs and City apart, there's some beatable teams up above us who'll lose lots of points too. Need to take advantage of this fact.

If we get something out of the City game, or we win the following league game (depending on other results) i think we’re in with a top 6 chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.