Votes: 265 33.5%
  • Top 10

Votes: 315 39.8%
  • Bottom half

Votes: 47 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The league is super tight this year, no one (aside from Leicester and RS) really seem to gain momentum so it's packed. We're on back to back wins, a good result at City and we'll be gaining some momentum I think. If we get that I can see us somewhere between 5th to 10th.

The aim should still be Top 6.
I agree mate, and there's no reason why we can't achieve it either. There's no doubt that we've had a dreadful season so far, but as everybody is taking points off each other we head into the second half of the season within 5 points of 6th. Champions league is beyond us but we definitely can (and should) get top 6.

The league is super tight this year, no one (aside from Leicester and RS) really seem to gain momentum so it's packed. We're on back to back wins, a good result at City and we'll be gaining some momentum I think. If we get that I can see us somewhere between 5th to 10th.

I think long term Leicester will drift down. But they could finish 4th

Squad size is a massive factor. Too often overlooked, think spurs will finish 3rd with Man city second. 4th is up for grabs

Make the right signings in January and top 7 is well achievable, do not and it's top 10.

We have seen time and time again the players of Everton take their foot off the pedal once the honeymoon period of a new manager is over.

We need to be bringing winners into the team now on a regular basis so we can constantly oust the lazy bleeders, this must start straight away, no waiting around anymore.

Well we ain't departing the PL this season and for that I am content as for a couple of dark weeks it was a possibility, onwards and upwards now fellow Evertonians!!

I can't see us catching any of the top 6 so I think we're in a fight for the 7-10th places.

After the start we've had, I'd be very happy with 7th or 8th.

We are in good form. Confidence should be up. Top 7 is a realistic target now. Teams above and around us also have Europe to contend with as well.
Saying all that it's how we deal with a defeat will be what decides where we finish. Once we lose squad looks so short of confidence that we go on a run of not getting wins.
It has been a recurring theme over the last how many seasons.
Hope Ancellotti can wipe that out.

Best way to do this is to figure out what's likely to be needed points-wise and work from there.

Chelsea's on pace for 66/67. We'd need to get 42 points of a possible 54 remaining to finish on 67. Getting there would require doing better than the results in the last five (11 points of a possible 15) for the entirety of the run-in. Put another way, we'd have tally Leicester's current point total in two fewer games. That's not realistic.

Tottenham and Wolves are on pace for 57. That's extremely doable on current form. We're averaging 2.2 points for the last five matches, which probably isn't sustainable, but the 1.8 points per that's needed to finish on 57 is very possible.

So: if we've had our injury bad luck for the year already, figure 5-7. If not, figure an 8 or 9 finish.

Another thing to notice from this is just how hard it is to make up ground at the top end of the table. 11 from 15 will generally get you out of the relegation zone, but on average it's only going to dent a ten point lead for Champions League places by a couple of points.

We have had a horrendous season yet we are 6 points off 5 with 1 of the best managers in the world and ppl don’t think we can catch Sheff Utd,Palace or Wolves

Considering everyone above us is [Poor language removed], 4th isn't beyond the realms of possibility. Need to bring some quality in in January though. 7th more realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.