2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unnecessary and ungracious that David
DCL might not be a thoroughbred forward but he's grafted hard of late and that diving header today was one the likes of Royle, Latchford, Gray and Sharp would all have been proud.
Yes, great finish. But he is a nothing player all told. His movement is garbage. Ancelotti has got a job on coaching a football brain into him. He's so obvious in his runs that no defender gets pulled about. His saving grace is his harrying of defenders...but that's not nearly enough.

To me this is too much for the middle of the game because he missed a couple of headers. Especially when he's been genuinely good for most of this year. And going back to the original post it seems to stem from this belief that every shot should go in and that just isn't how it works.
My comment wasn't based on that 45 minutes of football, it is on what my thoughts are of his game overall in the time he's been here. If you want to somehow take it as me thinking every shot must go in the goal then i can't really stop you but you're wrong.

I think he will learn more and become more consistent when he gets dropped to the bench and we are able to put in a striker that will make him fear for his place.

in a crap season and a crap halfarsed squad he has tried. will be interesting to see if he does improve a lot when theres more competition quality and experience up front or if this is what you get.

either way we win because id be happy if the worst we get out of a young player is a good contribution coming in and out of the team or mainly playing sub.

Yes, great finish. But he is a nothing player all told. His movement is garbage. Ancelotti has got a job on coaching a football brain into him. He's so obvious in his runs that no defender gets pulled about. His saving grace is his harrying of defenders...but that's not nearly enough.

Ancelotti has literally just said that he needs to learn better movement in the box / off the ball.

He'll definitely be dropped once we sign a CF in January and rightfully so.

Any top 7 club needs top quality strikers.

DCL is fine as a squad player / to come off the bench when chasing a game but we need an all round better striker leading the line.

Ancelotti has literally just said that he needs to learn better movement in the box / off the ball.

DCL is fine as a squad player / to come off the bench when chasing a game but we need an all round better striker leading the line.
Defo. It sounds harsh after that finish, but long term we cant build success with him as the arrow head of attack.

We aren't signing a CF in January. Kean hasn't even played yet.

DCL is scoring a goal every 170 league minutes at age 23 and you want to right him off because the manager said he can still get better at something? After he scored a fantastic winner? Odd one.

Talk utter crap mate I am afraid, not always but often and defo in this instance.

He has been consistently improving and becoming a great player. I will never forget when I had over 20 people on here laughing at me for making a statement which becomes more evident every time he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.