2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not arguing against his words. I'm saying that pointing out he can still get better isn't saying he is bad. The Echo are cockwombles who haven't had much of a clue what the club is doing for awhile now. Remember when we were desperately bidding for Zaha and then we actually put one bid in a week before deadline day? That's the Echo.

We aren't signing another striker in January when that is literally the only functioning part of the team right now. I mean I just don't know how people can watch football all the time and think the only thing that matters in scoring goals in the forwards.

DCL is scoring a goal every 175 minutes right now. Until we fix the midfield and sign proper creative players that is more than good enough. And at his age he can still get better.

The club wants a CF & CB apparently.

My own belief is that Holgate/Mina will do enough at the back to allow the club to go for a CF and possibly a midfielder in January.

Our midfield and attack is by far our weakest right now.

My own belief is that Holgate/Mina will do enough at the back to allow the club to go for a CF and possibly a midfielder in January.

I imagine the hope is that our midfield injuries will have easened a bit come January/February. Which is understandable as we have been unlucky with injuries.

Midfield and attack are both weak for the same reason. Because they both have no creative players. Signing another CF doesn't fix that.

I imagine the hope is that our midfield injuries will have easened a bit come January/February. Which is understandable as we have been unlucky with injuries.

Once Gbamin comes back we'll have more defensive options but still light in quality in the middle / right hand side.

For me the priorities should be:

CF
CM
RW
CB

Over the next 2 windows those positions have to be sorted if we can challenge for Europe.

Last sentence cracks me up!! Laughing meself sick at the thought of the No.9 of Everton not being tasked with getting goals.

And if his last few managers haven't tasked him with playing off the shoulder of defenders maybe it's because they know he's rubbish at it?

It's easy to jog along the front line, far harder to have that killer instinct knowing when to spin off a couple of defenders and time your move to perfection for a ball played into your path.

If the lad was getting caught offside more than he does it'd at least show he had the instincts of a predator or even a gambler.

OK mate.

I can assure you Carlo will be buzzin from his performance today.

Midfield and attack are both weak for the same reason. Because they both have no creative players. Signing another CF doesn't fix that.

DCL has no movement- if you're a team that just hopes to whip balls in the box all game like Burnley and finish 10th-13th every season he is fine but Ancelotti will want a more rounded player.

He'll want a CF who can make runs into the box, create space for themselves, bring the ball down and hold it up for support not just constant flick ons.

People underestimate just what Ancelotti will want to inprove with this team.

This side is a Silva team still - the likes of Digne, Richarlison, Sidibe, Mina and Pickford will be safe but every other position on the pitch will be strengthened in these next 12-18 months imo.

Ancelotti hasnt taken this job on to keep the likes of DCL and Siggurdsson in the side week in week out.

DCL has no movement- if you're a team that just hopes to whip balls in the box all game like Burnley has fine but Ancelotti will want a more rounded player.

He'll want a CF who can make runs into the box, create space for themselves, bring the ball down and hold it up for support not just constant flick ons.

This side is a Silva team still - the likes of Digne, Richarlison, Sidibe, Mina and Pickford will be safe but every other position on the pitch will be strengthened in other these next 12-18 months imo.

Ancelotti hasnt taken this job to keep the likes of DCL and Siggurdsson in the side week in week out.
It's a chicken and egg thing but to me the creative players set up the striker and not so much the striker moving well opens it up for the creative players. I just don't think it matters who is up top right now, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, whoever, they are going to have trouble scoring much more than Richarlison and DCL are because the service isn't there.

DCL has no movement- if you're a team that just hopes to whip balls in the box all game like Burnley and finish 10th-13th every season he is fine but Ancelotti will want a more rounded player.

This side is a Silva team still - the likes of Digne, Richarlison, Sidibe, Mina and Pickford will be safe but every other position on the pitch will be strengthened in these next 12-18 months imo.

Ancelotti hasnt taken this job on to keep the likes of DCL and Siggurdsson in the side week in week out.
Plenty of players to leave before dcl and siggy though!i thought siggy did ok today compared to how he’s been and as for dcl if he’s scoring goals he’s gonna be starting plus just heard an interview from ancelotti and he said he rates dcl highly :)

It's a chicken and egg thing but to me the creative players set up the striker and not so much the striker moving well opens it up for the creative players. I just don't think it matters who is up top right now, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, whoever, they are going to have trouble scoring much more than Richarlison and DCL are because the service isn't there.

I agree we definitely need some creative midfielders - I think the likes of DCL, Delph and Sigurdsson will be out the starting 11 over these next few windows as for me the big man will want a midfielder capable of creating chances and a CF who can make the sort of runs to benefit from the chances made.

I agree we definitely need some creative midfielders - I think the likes of DCL, Delph and Sigurdsson will be out the starting 11 over these next few windows as for me the big man will want a midfielder capable of creating chances and a CF who can make the sort of runs to benefit from the chances made.
I think selling CFs is more important than buying one right now. I want to find out just how good Dom and Richarlison are before we do anything. What if DCL keeps this up and is in the teens for goals come May? Do we still need to find someone else?

One may thinbk that but the play was unsilva.

Status
Not open for further replies.