2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of which I thought he was poor at today, tbf he’s usually good at the donkey work and he’s getting more goals than usual but he still lack the skill, technique and intelligence to be the level of striker we need
I really like him and his “no goal scoring work” is excellent
He really does need to work on his shooting though, he’s got ossie levels of power

I see a similar style to Duncan Ferguson. For me it seems his strength is heading, although he needs 2 or 3 chances to get it right. He certainly has a penchant for spectacular headers. He also, we now know, is good at getting free kicks, using his pace and strength to help his colleagues.

However goals on the ground are sparse. He ain't that type of player. He deffo needs a poacher next to him who can play it skilfully on the floor. Would love to see him and Moise create a partnership.

Screenshot_2019-12-26-18-15-56-892_com.android.chrome.jpg

Equal top scorer with Richarlison now for the season, goals to minute ratio is looking pretty good as well, better than 1 in 2.

He will pop up with the odd goal but he really looks unnatural in basically every aspect of the game
Ever since Lukaku went we have been massively lacking goals, it’s been a long time. I hope Ancelotti has a short list of strikers for January.
I see him as holding us back, Sigs is another one. When them 2 play we rarely win.
Well it's kind of relevant in discussing the players performance at said time.

Anyway great header to win the game or is it idiotic to comment on that too
To me this is too much for the middle of the game because he missed a couple of headers. Especially when he's been genuinely good for most of this year. And going back to the original post it seems to stem from this belief that every shot should go in and that just isn't how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.