Subbuteo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone have this bad boy?

True story, I actually went to school with a lad who was English Champion Subbuteo player, lad called Danny Morgan. Keep heading off every few weeks abroad or to tournaments round the country. Just shows how popular the game was years ago.

Only problem was you went round for a friendly game & he'd smash you about 6-0 every time! :(

They play different rules than we did.......watch the pros playing on Youtube and they cover more ground than Lukaku does in a match lol

I had mine on a chipboard table, specially made by me Dad, which was like playing on one these modern Premier League pitches. I was unbeatable at home but when I played at any of my friends it was like playing at 1970s Baseball Ground or QPR's first plastic pitch - I never won.

My uncles, who used to play me every Christmas, said they used to have a similar game called New Footie.

I had mine on a chipboard table, specially made by me Dad, which was like playing on one these modern Premier League pitches. I was unbeatable at home but when I played at any of my friends it was like playing at 1970s Baseball Ground or QPR's first plastic pitch - I never won.

My uncles, who used to play me every Christmas, said they used to have a similar game called New Footie.

Exactly Mick, my old fella did the same for me. Pitch like a billiard table and no kneeling down.......some of the poorer kids in our league only had lino and the pitch would slide across the room every time you made a tacklelollol

Status
Not open for further replies.