2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but I don’t think that we can write him off yet. As a fan base, we have ridiculous expectations for young players. Plenty develop lots after 21. He has also shown in some games that he can do it.
The ones I would be getting rid of are the 24. and 25 year olds who haven’t made it at all and are are on perennial loan, together with the in shiftable seniors!!!
No I agree, I don’t mean to suggest he definitely won’t improve, just that it’s not certain he will. Sometimes it’s easy to fall into the trap of assuming everyone will continue getting better gradually for 5-6 years but it rarely happens. Usually you have an idea of somebody’s ceiling by the time they’ve been around as much as Davies has, and unfortunately I’m not convinced his is much above where he is now. I just don’t think you can learn the things he lacks.

Sadly, despite my fondness for a home grown player being in our first team, I don’t thing he’s good enough. The glaringly obvious thing for me is his alarming lack of pace.
Lack of pace will always hold a player back unless they posses incredible nous and awareness. Tom sometimes struggles to even adequately control and then pass the ball.
There’s absolutely no room for sentiment, so if I’m honest and Ancelotti is what I think he is, Tom Davies’s day’s in an Everton shirt are number.

Sadly, despite my fondness for a home grown player being in our first team, I don’t thing he’s good enough. The glaringly obvious thing for me is his alarming lack of pace.
Lack of pace will always hold a player back unless they posses incredible nous and awareness. Tom sometimes struggles to even adequately control and then pass the ball.
There’s absolutely no room for sentiment, so if I’m honest and Ancelotti is what I think he is, Tom Davies’s day’s in an Everton shirt are number.
Probably right, I’ve been a massive critic of his, however he has improved over the last month or so and has shown plenty of heart and effort, I think Ancelotti may give him some game time for now due to injuries but could see him going out on loan or the club selling him if they buy in January. Once all the injured players are back as well I don’t know where that puts him in the team if anywhere.

Not good enough but he's done a decent job in recent weeks in difficult circumstances.

No coincidence that since he's knocked the fashion walk on the head and actually spent time on the training ground he's improved his game.

Needs a loan move to play regularly imo.

Tom Davies in recent weeks has been asked to play several different roles by his manager largely because of injuries to others.
He has played attacking, central and defensive midfield and has been covering out wide as well.

I just happen think he is a very good young player and will do well under Ancelotti.

In general I think our players are better than their current form suggests. I think we do need to add a couple of experienced leaders into the team to add a bit of backbone and leadership. This was why Delph was signed but you just can't count on him being fit.
I think the addition of two or three players , a couple of decent results and confidence coming from playing with a top class manager should see an improvement in performances all round.

Young players like Holgate, Davies, DCL and Kean should be allowed to play their game without the pressure of having to be leaders as well.

Tom Davies in recent weeks has been asked to play several different roles by his manager largely because of injuries to others.
He has played attacking, central and defensive midfield and has been covering out wide as well.

I just happen think he is a very good young player and will do well under Ancelotti.

In general I think our players are better than their current form suggests. I think we do need to add a couple of experienced leaders into the team to add a bit of backbone and leadership. This was why Delph was signed but you just can't count on him being fit.
I think the addition of two or three players , a couple of decent results and confidence coming from playing with a top class manager should see an improvement in performances all round.

Young players like Holgate, Davies, DCL and Kean should be allowed to play their game without the pressure of having to be leaders as well.
Perfectly put.

It's been a hard few years for Tom and he has had to take on a lot of responsibility of being captain of a team out of sorts and bereft of confidence, he's also looked like the one player trying to get everyone going at the start of matches where the older ones should be stepping up.

We've seen some great moments; assists, goals, great vision and endless hard work, but also times where he couldn't pass the ball 5 yards and stunk the place out. He never hides and shows his passion for the club... personally I think he's great.

Hopefully we'll get some good luck and get a run of a fully fit squad, Ancelotti can get the side playing confident football and as you've said Tom and our younger players can play pressure free

State of this thread. He’s only 21. He blows hot and cold, We should not be selling 21year olds with the potential of Davies.
He could be great.....

... if he’s not drummed out of here!
Mate no another club crucifies their home grown players like us. Imagine being a 21 year Evertonian who's come through the ranks,been asked to man a patched up midfield for 2 weeks,played Chelsea,United, Arsenal and Leicester and not been beaten in 90 mins. It's actually horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.