2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you considered that Davies has probably peaked and has plateaued.
He'll have the odd half decent match but his best should be the baseline.
He doesn't have the quality or the reliability required at this level.

You can see it with a lot of youth, they hit a wall, and the most telling is when they have to hold onto the ball for five more seconds more than they are used to.
Once that's shown up and they don't break through it, well that's the wall. It turns into a mental thing they can't get past because they know their abilities betray them at a certain level. You don't see much of it in the PL bc they don't stay round as long as him.
He's starting to crumble and they need to take care of him, do the right thing.
He needs to go and find his confidence and love for football somewhere. He'll always remain a Blue.
Have you considered it could be down to poor man management that he hasn’t progressed? He’s not going to be world class we all know that but I feel like the managers in charge aren’t getting the best out of him and others, our shocking selections in management will no doubt slow down and cause problems for developing young players. I’m a big believer in coaching 1 to 1 as it’s the only way to get the player to develop. He’s played under Ferguson,Silva, unsworth, allardyce, koeman, Martinez and soon to be ancelotti and he’s only 21...

Have you considered it could be down to poor man management that he hasn’t progressed? He’s not going to be world class we all know that but I feel like the managers in charge aren’t getting the best out of him and others, our shocking selections in management will no doubt slow down and cause problems for developing young players. I’m a big believer in coaching 1 to 1 as it’s the only way to get the player to develop. He’s played under Ferguson,Silva, unsworth, allardyce, koeman, Martinez and soon to be ancelotti and he’s only 21...
He's poor though mate. Hed really is poor with no redeeeming factors. If he has a strength of any description I've not seen it. I wish it weren't so, because we all like to see home grown come through. But it's like having 10 men on the pitch having him start games.

He's poor though mate. Hed really is poor with no redeeeming factors. If he has a strength of any description I've not seen it. I wish it weren't so, because we all like to see home grown come through. But it's like having 10 men on the pitch having him start games.

He gives his all. Thats probably the best thing I can say about him. If we want to move forward I am doubtful that will be enough.

Took his goal well midweek, but yeah he’s not good enough to start (or shouldn’t be).

Young lad looks jaded shouldn't really be expected to carry a prem teams midfield at this stage of his career .
Giving the ball away to often at the moment.
We are all a bit quick to criticise but are team has been hammered by injury and he has put a shift in , although not always coming off for him.

Can't think of many examples where a player with poor technique at 20 suddenly develops good technique at 25. It's generally considered to be something you either have or you don't have, you can improve through training but if you're fundamentally lacking in this area to begin with you're probably never going to have great technique.
Possibly one would be kane

A late developer either to way

Tom needs to work on his ball control. Always looks like he is struggling with the ball and this poor control means opposition players can crowd into him before he can pass. No.physical strength and no speed. Speed would not be a problem for a midfielder who can control the ball and spot a pass quickly. Would love Tom to do well but at the moment he's very average for league 1

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.