2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our target for Davies by the end of the summer ought to be securing a season loan for him or, if he refuses that for any reason, getting him sold. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him one further year to develop, but I have severe reservations that he will be able to make the step up that is needed to be a decent player in this league.

No doubt in my mind at all that Carlo will get consistent decent performances out of him. Have him as our link between attack and defence in midfield and have a competent DM alongside him and Tom will be fine.

I still have my reservations if Davies can truly go on to be a top midfielder but think he's very much decent premier league quality despite what many on here feel.

Also. Have you seen the state of the senior players around him?
Exactly lad nobody apart from gomes that has been any good next to him.hes had to do a lot of work on his own yea inconsistent at times but he can improve with quality around him you can’t expect a 21 year old to carry the likes of siggy and snides all game

State of this thread. He’s only 21. He blows hot and cold, We should not be selling 21year olds with the potential of Davies.
He could be great.....

... if he’s not drummed out of here!
Id love him.to do well. He's young so.could improve. But for me he's not a first team.player. shown no improvement.in the last 2 years. His control and first touch are terrible which allows opposition players to get to him quickly and means Tom is always hurrying his passes. Lacks a physical presence. Lost count how many times he either does or nearly gets caught with the ball. For me he needs to build himself up so.that he can compete physically. Like I said I'd love him.toake it here as I live to see a local lad do well.

Exactly lad nobody apart from gomes that has been any good next to him.hes had to do a lot of work on his own yea inconsistent at times but he can improve with quality around him you can’t expect a 21 year old to carry the likes of siggy and snides all game
Not sure that Gomes played well before his injury. And goes missing at away games. But that could be said about a lot of them

Id love him.to do well. He's young so.could improve. But for me he's not a first team.player. shown no improvement.in the last 2 years. His control and first touch are terrible which allows opposition players to get to him quickly and means Tom is always hurrying his passes. Lacks a physical presence. Lost count how many times he either does or nearly gets caught with the ball. For me he needs to build himself up so.that he can compete physically. Like I said I'd love him.toake it here as I live to see a local lad do well.
He’s on his sixth manager. What sort of foundation is that to develop!
He’s 21. He will improve. The only question is how much. And to some extent, that’s down to how the club handle him.

He’s on his sixth manager. What sort of foundation is that to develop!
He’s 21. He will improve. The only question is how much. And to some extent, that’s down to how the club handle him.
The idea that he ‘will’ improve is flawed. He might, but players don’t always get better as they get older. There are plenty of players who’ve peaked in their teens or early 20s. Hopefully he’s not one of them, but I wouldn’t take improvement for granted.

The idea that he ‘will’ improve is flawed. He might, but players don’t always get better as they get older. There are plenty of players who’ve peaked in their teens or early 20s. Hopefully he’s not one of them, but I wouldn’t take improvement for granted.
Fair enough, but I don’t think that we can write him off yet. As a fan base, we have ridiculous expectations for young players. Plenty develop lots after 21. He has also shown in some games that he can do it.
The ones I would be getting rid of are the 24. and 25 year olds who haven’t made it at all and are are on perennial loan, together with the in shiftable seniors!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.