2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about him getting played out on the right tbf. He's been relatively good when playing through the centre, rather him than Delph there

I think that the biggest problem with him is his decision making. I doubt that he has the attributes to become a star but he could be a very reliable player if his football brain works better and faster. Massive second part of the season for him, I think. Do or die (in Derby).

osman manage to do that at 25. Davies is 20.
Have you considered that Davies has probably peaked and has plateaued.
He'll have the odd half decent match but his best should be the baseline.
He doesn't have the quality or the reliability required at this level.

You can see it with a lot of youth, they hit a wall, and the most telling is when they have to hold onto the ball for five more seconds more than they are used to.
Once that's shown up and they don't break through it, well that's the wall. It turns into a mental thing they can't get past because they know their abilities betray them at a certain level. You don't see much of it in the PL bc they don't stay round as long as him.
He's starting to crumble and they need to take care of him, do the right thing.
He needs to go and find his confidence and love for football somewhere. He'll always remain a Blue.

Slow, poor first touch, poor agility, over aggressive, very hit and miss passer of the ball

Will give his all for the club but I just don't believe he's good enough for the premier league

Harsh reality

Really needs to up his game fast, Carlo wont have been impressed today and will demand a much higher standard, hope he can improve but not convinced he has it.

osman manage to do that at 25. Davies is 20.

Can't think of many examples where a player with poor technique at 20 suddenly develops good technique at 25. It's generally considered to be something you either have or you don't have, you can improve through training but if you're fundamentally lacking in this area to begin with you're probably never going to have great technique.

The unfortunate thing about Tom, is that he appears to have studied at the Paul Scholes school of tackling. He seems to do a couple of rash, late, tackles every game early on, gets yellow carded, and is then less effective...

Can you imagine how much better we would be with two healthy class CMs? Instead of Tom and Sight, two players with pace and aggression, who can actually hit a pass would be amazing. I would love for him to be good enough, but he's too slow and doesn't have the touch to make up for it.

Ancelotti will see through his inadequacies and see him on his way. Championship standard with a good spirit and not much else. We need to raise our sights to progress as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.