Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is Dunc dragged Kean off because he wasnt running around like a mad man. If thats not Keans game then dont play him in the first place.

Its like playing Andy Caroll and fuming that he isnt running the channel its just not his game.

Either play to a players strength or dont play him all together if he doesn't fit the team/tactics whatever.

Wasting a sub and causing potential angst in the dressing room is foolish - Mourinho can get away with it because he's one of the worlds most successful managers - Dunc isnt untouchable by any means just because he has decked people as a player.

no lad, we have a game plan which he clearly wasn’t thinking that kean was contributing too.

And the fact saying he can’t do what mourinho May do because of experience is absolutely pathetic. Its what the best manager do, make decisions and have the brass bollocks to stand by that decision

This really doesn't need to be a "thing".

It doesn't have to be a case of Ferguson or Kean or right and wrong. Nor is it a case of Kean not caring or "strolling around" (he wasn't).

It can just be a football decision, the two of them can sort it out between them and that's it. There is no issue there because if there was he would not have played him in the first place would he?

It will be fine.

The difference is Dunc dragged Kean off because he wasnt running around like a mad man. If thats not Keans game then dont play him in the first place.

Its like playing Andy Caroll and fuming that he isnt running the channel its just not his game.

Either play to a players strength or dont play him all together if he doesn't fit the team/tactics whatever.

Wasting a sub and causing potential angst in the dressing room is foolish - Mourinho can get away with it because he's one of the worlds most successful managers - Dunc isnt untouchable by any means just because he has decked people as a player.

Would he have gotten flack for not giving him a chance though?

I wasn’t at the game. Only saw it on tv. Can only guess he wasn’t making the runs he’d been instructed to make.

If that’s the case, then yes, he was right to take him off. I’d say that puts down a marker to the squad that they should be in now doubt that anything less that 100% concentration & effort will do.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Might have been the right decision for the game but absolutely the wrong management in the long run. Some players need treating differently and Moise Kean is one of them. Everybody in the club would understand because he’s a young kid in a new country.

Know him well do you mate

If we are not in a position to play to Keans strengths dont sub him on in the first place.

Doing what he did was absolutely idiotic regardless of Kean -

It damages the players confidence
It damages the team morale
It can create cliques in the dressing room
Its a waste of an actual sub in the game

BUT EY DOH LADS DAT BIG DUNC SHOWN SUM PASHUN HOOKIN MOIST OFF NNSO
Oh dear

is there anyone with an axe to grind against Dunc that agreed with it? I’m guessing no.

Honestly shocking from Dunc that sub. He wasn't even doing that bad. Nothing amazing but not worthy to be subbed especially for Niasse. Just kill this lads confidence why don't you. Lad will never play again for us now. What a waste of money. That told me Dunc is not ready to be a manager.

One thing I did notice was as soon as he came on he seemed to be unsure where he should be & was in discussion with Richarlison.

A minute later we were defending a corner & was being told by Iwobi. He looked lost.

One thing I did notice was as soon as he came on he seemed to be unsure where he should be & was in discussion with Richarlison.

A minute later we were defending a corner & was being told by Iwobi. He looked lost.

to be fair I can barely understand Ferguson when he’s being interviewed, god knows what an Italian must hear when he’s hyped up to hell

If we are not in a position to play to Keans strengths dont sub him on in the first place.

Doing what he did was absolutely idiotic regardless of Kean -

It damages the players confidence
It damages the team morale
It can create cliques in the dressing room
Its a waste of an actual sub in the game

BUT EY DOH LADS DAT BIG DUNC SHOWN SUM PASHUN HOOKIN MOIST OFF NNSO
Nicely said. This is Everton FC.
Not Duncan Ferguson FC.

Inappropriate Language
Hats off to big dunc for not humiliating him further by telling the reporter why he really took him off, because he’s [Poor language removed], lazy and will never make the grade. We should all be questioning why he’s still at the club after his and his dads antics in the media not why he was dragged off. Play the way you’ve been instructed or your off is the message I would’ve of got today if I was in the Everton squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.