Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have been the right decision for the game but absolutely the wrong management in the long run. Some players need treating differently and Moise Kean is one of them. Everybody in the club would understand because he’s a young kid in a new country.

Really and we are in a position to play yo kean strengths.
God this is the worse post on here in ages

If we are not in a position to play to Keans strengths dont sub him on in the first place.

Doing what he did was absolutely idiotic regardless of Kean -

It damages the players confidence
It damages the team morale
It can create cliques in the dressing room
Its a waste of an actual sub in the game

BUT EY DOH LADS DAT BIG DUNC SHOWN SUM PASHUN HOOKIN MOIST OFF NNSO

It’s not just him taking him off for supposedly not following instructions. That’s understandable. He didn’t say a word to him and looked past him as if he wasn’t even there when coming off the pitch. Really left a bad taste in my mouth. I don’t think you should be treating anyone like that.

I feel like it wasn’t tactical and Dunc really doesn’t like Kean and he’s seen some opportunity to pull his kecks down.
I think we can leave the pulling down of kecks to the RS on their next European jaunt.

If we are not in a position to play to Keans strengths dont sub him on in the first place.

Doing what he did was absolutely idiotic regardless of Kean -

It damages the players confidence
It damages the team morale
It can create cliques in the dressing room
Its a waste of an actual sub in the game

BUT EY DOH LADS DAT BIG DUNC SHOWN SUM PASHUN HOOKIN MOIST OFF NNSO

Nope I hope he does this again to a player who not giving it all.

Sick of players strolling around the pitch not caring.

Stupid decision and the sort of one that could turn the dressing room against him depending on if they are good mates with Kean.

It seems Dunc wants his CF running the channels like mad men all game.

Some are like that (DCL, Shane Long) whereas others (like Aguero, Jimenez) for example are more about being in and around the box looking to make things happen.

Shows his lack of experience.

I also worry if this is why the club have been so poor in addressing the CF position- do we focus on more wanting someone to run around like a mad man rather than signing your fox in the box type goal getter.

mourinho dragged Dier off the other night after 20 minutes because something wasn’t working, is that lack of experience as well

mourinho dragged Dier off the other night after 20 minutes because something wasn’t working, is that lack of experience as well

Not a comparable situation. Spurs were 2-0 down and chasing the game. They needed to sacrifice a defensive player for an offensive one. Also, Dier hadn’t just been subbed on.

Wasn't Ferguson himself a bit of a slacker in his playing days?
He used to be up for it on derby days or in the big games vs Man United, but he regularly went missing or wasn't arsed enough otherwise.
It's a bit rich of him to pick on a 19 year doing the same.

Still haven't seen it, but Ferguson knows Kean better than any of us having worked with him since his first day at the club, so he must know he's capable of more than he was offering today. Otherwise Tosun and Niasse would be getting on ahead of him. Hopefully, he also knows that he's honest and mentally strong enough to react the right way to it and do what is asked the next time.

The other Ferguson was a master at this. Knock em down, rub their nose in it, then put your arm around them and use i to help them improve. Remember him subbing Gary Neville the first time the ball went out of play in the 2nd half of a game... He was so crap 1st half he wanted him to have everybody see him get hauled off.

The difference is Dunc dragged Kean off because he wasnt running around like a mad man. If thats not Keans game then dont play him in the first place.

Its like playing Andy Caroll and fuming that he isnt running the channel its just not his game.

Either play to a players strength or dont play him all together if he doesn't fit the team/tactics whatever.

Wasting a sub and causing potential angst in the dressing room is foolish - Mourinho can get away with it because he's one of the worlds most successful managers - Dunc isnt untouchable by any means just because he has decked people as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.