2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom continues to make me despair with some of his on pitch antics, and if he loses the ball it always seems to be in dangerous positions . I’m not convinced he’ll be in the squad when all the injured return, but on the positive side he must be doing something right in his managers eyes. Was this his 5th or 6 th Manager to pick him? This time he was asked to go on and play Richarlison’s role in a front two , support DCL and also strengthen midfield when we don’t have the ball . Not a perfect display by any means but not many players his age would be trusted by a manager to carry out a such a role in a new formation for us. We didn’t let any more goals in and he played the role of supporting DCL for the 3rd goal. I’d rate him 6/10 on that performance.

Just like i thought the Lewin chance 1st half may cost us,i thought the failed header Davies missed would cost us in the end,thank god neither did

Think hes being very harshly judged, perhaps due to the derby. He wasnt brilliant today, but was in an unfamiliar role, expected to cover everywhere from behind DCL to infront of the back four.

I really want him to success, deep down I don't think he will at Everton. He is also victim of a lot of unfair criticism from our fans, but God he brings it on at times. Losing the ball in daft positions at daft times is really making a rod for your own back. He's got to be more clever.

He's just not the modern midfielder, no pace, not physically strong to retain the ball. For his time on the field, I noticed he stands in position defensively but is unable to commit and attack the opponent with the ball.

Offensively, he has neither pace or strength so he usually passes back or falls to earn a foul. But this slows the game down for us.

Very few players are asked to cover that entire area though, usually they are asked to cover behind the striker, centre of the pitch, or infront of the defence, to cover all three is a massive ask.
It's called box to box midfielder, it's pretty standard tbh. Tom Davies just does'nt have the skillset for a mordern day midfielder and a certain section of the fans can't accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.