2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no, name and shame them mate. There's a few absolute rats in here who are as bad as Davies for their lickspittle behaviour.

Every time this absolute weapon is anywhere near the squad for us - let alone the 'kin pitch - this club hoists the white flag.

Him posting on social media high as a kite after Southampton says it all.
It’s ok mate they know who they are, being saying for ages he is absolute crap, but no, I don’t know anything. I seen the posts on here a few days ago and was just laughing at someone saying Liverpool, Man Utd and arsenal would buy him, buy him what? He’s not even a championship player because in the championship you have to have just as much bottle and graft and put a foot in, league 1 at best.

It’s ok mate they know who they are, being saying for ages he is absolute crap, but no, I don’t know anything. I seen the posts on here a few days ago and was just laughing at someone saying Liverpool, Man Utd and arsenal would buy him, buy him what? He’s not even a championship player because in the championship you have to have just as much bottle and graft and put a foot in, league 1 at best.

Oh exactly this. Whoever does his media / profile management for him is a genius.

....I like young Tom Davies but the best thing I can say about him is that he brings out the best in some players. I get the impression, for example, that Gomes plays well when Davies is in the team.

As a player, his possession stats must be dreadful. He is a poor passer of a football in tight areas. if an opposition player accelerates past him, he’s gone. He doesn’t offer much at either end of the pitch, but he’s honestly a really nice lad.

He offers nothing. Can't retain the ball, doesn't cover in behind and isn't a ball winner. Why he appeared for the second half is a mystery to me. I can only think Silva was ironising over taking him off or Siggy, but then he did neither.

....I like young Tom Davies but the best thing I can say about him is that he brings out the best in some players. I get the impression, for example, that Gomes plays well when Davies is in the team.

As a player, his possession stats must be dreadful. He is a poor passer of a football in tight areas. if an opposition player accelerates past him, he’s gone. He doesn’t offer much at either end of the pitch, but he’s honestly a really nice lad.

He reminds me a little of (a poor mans) Thomas Gravesen. Until the final season, where an entire system was built around him and we had a settled team around him he really flattered to deceive,

Gravesen is a lot better player than Davies, but it's a similar frustration people have. You can see some raw materials but it's not really put together very effectively.

We had noticeably more control tonight when Schneiderlin came on. Scheniderlin is far more limited but he knows his game and sticks to it.

I can’t work out if this was full or sarcasm, or being a nice lad is what’s needed to be a premier league footballer, everyone says I’m a nice lad, where’s my professional football contract? Ah must be in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.