Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? He is on the verge of the boot at Napoli. Who else is out there that would be better than us that would want him? He's been at Bayern, PSG, Real, Milan and Juventus so that kind of sucks up the options on the big boy market - so it's either England again and managing Chelsea doesn't stop him from going to Arsenal or us (where the vacancies are at the moment) - but would Arsenal want him?

I'm not saying that it is him, but the stars are aligned at the moment, so it's not that far fetched unless he goes off to China for the big yen.

Behave mate. Not renowned for sorting awful teams out. If he comes here I'd be amazed, nay flabbergasted! Another no mark Portuguese most likely.

Behave mate. Not renowned for sorting awful teams out. If he comes here I'd be amazed, nay flabbergasted! Another no mark Portuguese most likely.
To be honest I'm trying to work on my puns for Moyes and aspects of disappointment for the inevitable conclusion to this saga. I have only a few weeks to get a few good ones at the rate our beloved leaders act.

I dream of a Diego or a Carlos being enticed ... but know deep down that is all it well ever be this time around.

An utterly broken Napoli is more appealing than an utterly broken Everton.

If he comes to the premiership it will be with Arsenal anyway.

Why on earth would he come to Everton ? There’s nothing we can offer him beyond money which he’d also get offered by other clubs.

He'd get his entire contract paid out after 18 months......winner!

Ancelotti is known as a coach who gives his players a lot of freedom, as well as the responsibility for training and tactics. This can work in high quality clubs and with a squad that has strong leaders. John Terry has talked about this leadership style and how CA invited him, Lampard and Drogba to lead.

His training sessions are characterized by low intensity and quality. The Bayern Munich players organized their own training sessions because they thought the quality was too low. In the coaching team he employed his own son as assistant manager. Arjen Robben has reportedly said: "There's better training at my son's youth team".

Ancelotti was a product of Arrigo Sacchi, but has gradually nuanced this philosophy. However, he does not have clear playing style philosophy, such as Guerdiola, Klopp, Sarri, Simeone, etc. He has been successful, but personally I mean he has often skimmed the cream. I also mean he has underperformed considering the teams he has trained. He has not coached a team that has not been a top team since 1995-96, ie Reggiana. We see how things are going in Napoli.

I don't think he has any progressive ideas, nor the leadership style needed to lift this Everton team. It is something else to do well in a top club than to coach a team that does not have star players. That's why I think he's not interested in the job either.

Ancelotti is known as a coach who gives his players a lot of freedom, as well as the responsibility for training and tactics. This can work in high quality clubs and with a squad that has strong leaders. John Terry has talked about this leadership style and how CA invited him, Lampard and Drogba to lead.

His training sessions are characterized by low intensity and quality. The Bayern Munich players organized their own training sessions because they thought the quality was too low. In the coaching team he employed his own son as assistant manager. Arjen Robben has reportedly said: "There's better training at my son's youth team".

Ancelotti was a product of Arrigo Sacchi, but has gradually nuanced this philosophy. However, he does not have clear playing style philosophy, such as Guerdiola, Klopp, Sarri, Simeone, etc. He has been successful, but personally I mean he has often skimmed the cream. I also mean he has underperformed considering the teams he has trained. He has not coached a team that has not been a top team since 1995-96, ie Reggiana. We see how things are going in Napoli.

I don't think he has any progressive ideas, nor the leadership style needed to lift this Everton team. It is something else to do well in a top club than to coach a team that does not have star players. That's why I think he's not interested in the job either.
I agree mate, Ancelotti isnt good enough for us lets get Moyes instead

That wasn't an argument for Moyes, but there are many factors that need to be considered when hiring a new coach.
youve said categorically that Ancelloti isnt the man for us, as if we can pick and choose who we want. We arent Bayern or Real Madrid. If Ancelotti is available to us (which he wont be), there is no way we should not hire him.

youve said categorically that Ancelloti isnt the man for us, as if we can pick and choose who we want. We arent Bayern or Real Madrid. If Ancelotti is available to us (which he wont be), there is no way we should not hire him.
Yes, I argue that Ancelotti is not the man for us. That doesn't mean I'm arguing for Moyes. Exactly, we are not Bayern Munich or Real Madrid. So then the question is, what is CA's experience building teams from scratch, or implementing a style of play that is unique?

That was actually an issue at Bayern, not that he didn't turn up, but that the players felt they where not being trained hard enough! Which is one of various reasons they complained to the hierarchy at Bayern, and ended up getting him fired.
Yes mate I was listening to a european football podcast last week and the stuff they where saying about him was concerning. I wouldn’t go anywhere near him.

Status
Not open for further replies.