Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said to my son he is exactly the man we need at the moment. Do I think he'll come? No, unfortunately. The time to get him would have been when Moshiri first came in and started talking about buying Coullibally. Now we've wasted £400 million on tripe I very much doubt he'd entertain the job.

Ancelotti is known as a coach who gives his players a lot of freedom, as well as the responsibility for training and tactics. This can work in high quality clubs and with a squad that has strong leaders. John Terry has talked about this leadership style and how CA invited him, Lampard and Drogba to lead.

His training sessions are characterized by low intensity and quality. The Bayern Munich players organized their own training sessions because they thought the quality was too low. In the coaching team he employed his own son as assistant manager. Arjen Robben has reportedly said: "There's better training at my son's youth team".

Ancelotti was a product of Arrigo Sacchi, but has gradually nuanced this philosophy. However, he does not have clear playing style philosophy, such as Guerdiola, Klopp, Sarri, Simeone, etc. He has been successful, but personally I mean he has often skimmed the cream. I also mean he has underperformed considering the teams he has trained. He has not coached a team that has not been a top team since 1995-96, ie Reggiana. We see how things are going in Napoli.

I don't think he has any progressive ideas, nor the leadership style needed to lift this Everton team. It is something else to do well in a top club than to coach a team that does not have star players. That's why I think he's not interested in the job either.
good post,
It kinda reminds me of Ireland appointing Trappatoni. His name covered up a myriad of reasons as to why it wasn't such a great idea.
Hopefully Brands has the ability to see this and the authority to pass.

Him or just let Dunc see the season out.
I'm not sure if Dunc has his UEFA Pro License, I read that he does and posted here previously but on further inspection he only has a UEFA A, one below the Pro License which means he can only take over the club for 12 weeks maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.