Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still standby the notion that we should’ve chucked money at him just before he went to Napoli. God knows if we’d have got him like but that’s what I’d have gone for

Ancelotti's managerial career has been highly successful, and he is generally acclaimed as one of the best managers in the sport. Still, there are some countervailing opinions; notably, a 2019 study that compared managers by how well their teams did compared to video game simulations of teams with the same players ranked Ancelotti as 395th out of 396 managers. This was not because Ancelotti did poorly, but rather that given the star-filled teams he has managed, he should have done even better according to the survey.

Ancelotti's managerial career has been highly successful, and he is generally acclaimed as one of the best managers in the sport. Still, there are some countervailing opinions; notably, a 2019 study that compared managers by how well their teams did compared to video game simulations of teams with the same players ranked Ancelotti as 395th out of 396 managers. This was not because Ancelotti did poorly, but rather that given the star-filled teams he has managed, he should have done even better according to the survey.

Might be the worst study ever conducted. Based on FIFA ratings ffs.

I mean it wouldn’t have been great if it was based on Football Manager, but would at least have had some tiny, microscopic shred of credibility... but FIFA?!

Very very very Welcome to Everton.

Thoughts?

I think yes.
Do you think he’d be motivated and up for moving from comfortable job in Italy to the north of England, to take on a non-Champions league club, in the relegation zone, that has fans with all the patience of psychotic piranhas?

Might be the worst study ever conducted. Based on FIFA ratings ffs.

I mean it wouldn’t have been great if it was based on Football Manager, but would at least have had some tiny, microscopic shred of credibility... but FIFA?!

SI sell their database to teams all over the world as a scouting tool. Everton were an early adopter.

FIFA. Not so much. But aye, still jarg.

Status
Not open for further replies.