2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still ok with keeping him, EXCEPT, if he plays DCL or tosun to start on Saturday- then im happy to pay for a plane & 'silva out' banner myself. He HAS to play Kean- i dont underatand why he doesnt give him a run of games- we are in the relegation zone so surely its worth trying !!??

DCL is not the problem. Needs to start him alongside Kean, but won't. However if you're ok with Silva and see Kean as the answer you're obviously limited in your understanding of the game, and the club in general.

season is still salvageable if they sack him, 9 losses in 15 who gives a f about hard work or bad luck, He's been absolute garbage this season and is lucky to still be here.
He is both unlucky and clueless anybody being smug about staying up with him in charge wants to take a look at the teams we have failed to get a result against in the previous games, city, leicester, RS hard games for anybody, the rest we should be in with a decent shout of beating, we haven't even looked like winning most weeks.
He will get us relegated if he stays the facts are staring us in the face.
I went right off Moyes last few years he was here, but he was in a totally different league to this fella who should have gone a long time ago, in fact should never have been given the job.

I feel a bit sorry for him as the squad he has is not up to it ,I want him gone as he has no tactical nous his plan B is just throw a forward on (yes the ones who cannot score) and lose strength in the rest of the team,just imagine if you were in his place and the only midfielders you could play include Davies Schneiderin and Siggurdsson .Enough is surely enough but I feel he is with us a while longer yet as he has the board ,we don't seem to have anyone lined up and at least someone in power doesn't like the option of Moyes -thank god .We are in a sad state but did anyone expect any different last night ? At the weekend Leicester showed the weakness in Sidibe's positioning and Liverpool punished us for the same formation ,for every goal we had more players in the box than them and still couldn't defend .No names but these lads are afraid of their own ghosts and need something special or we are in for a long winter .

Clearly here for the long haul now after that sympathy statement. Moshiri is actually sympathetic to himself rather than Silva and it’s why he won’t sack him.

Silva cannot set this defence up. If we played like we did last night against anyone, we'd still give away chances and be punished- maybe not 5 goals but certainly 1 or 2 a game. You can't pick up points conceding that number of goals when you can't normally score that many. This for me, is all on Silva. He's got to go now.

I don't know who will replace Silva, but they've got to tighten up and drill that defence. I won't give any new guy a hard time this season if he gets us back to being mean in defence.

Silva cannot set this defence up. If we played like we did last night against anyone, we'd still give away chances and be punished- maybe not 5 goals but certainly 1 or 2 a game. You can't pick up points conceding that number of goals when you can't normally score that many. This for me, is all on Silva. He's got to go now.

I don't know who will replace Silva, but they've got to tighten up and drill that defence. I won't give any new guy a hard time this season if he gets us back to being mean in defence.

High line with slow defenders against a team with pacy, clinical attackers. Pretty brilliant strategy if you're looking to give up 5.

For a long time, I thought the players' (apparent) support despite the results was an asset, and reason not to sack him despite our position in the table.

But... the fact that they've not been leading the chorus of demands for something better might actually suggest much deeper rot than just the manager.

For a long time, I thought the players' (apparent) support despite the results was an asset, and reason not to sack him despite our position in the table.

But... the fact that they've not been leading the chorus of demands for something better might actually suggest much deeper rot than just the manager.

He’s nice to them. They’re all very comfortable. They made the mistake of losing to Norwich however which put Silva under serious pressure. If we’d been around 10th they could have continued with their cushy existence.

So much wrong with that.

“Will decide his fate” the chump should have been given the boot many months back. Simply not good enough for our club and ever even was.

“Bad luck”?! The fella has had all his ‘better’ centre-backs available for weeks. He set us up with 5 defenders last night and we were 4 goals down within 40 minutes. What such rotten bad luck. Sick of seeing this crap being spouted out about him. He’s had as much luck as other teams. The Gomes & Gbamin injuries have been unfortunate but given the calibre of teams we have played against and the players we have had a available at our disposal there’s no way he should have done this bad.

As for Moyes, if that dour meff comes back we might as well just start preparing for next season in the Championship.

Moshiri has turned us into a laughing stock. Sam Allardayce and a David Moyes return, what absolutely depressing times this has come to be.

...it was an inept tactical display. More specifically, it was a tactically inept defensive display. I’m not one for systems, but I always think playing 3 CBs is a sign that they are a poor combination. We didn’t play a back 3, we didn’t play wing backs, we played a back 5.

A good coach sets his team up to be hard to beat. An inept defensive display isn’t just down to inept defenders.

Continually exposed with one long ball made Lovren look like Beckenbauer. It was genuinely like watching Primary School football. Fresh from his best game for Everton, Silva decided to take Sidebe off and play Holgate at RB. Unless Sidebe was injured, I thought that was strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.