Us and luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't you create your own luck ??

we seem very good at creating our own bad luck that's for sure

I don’t think you create your “own luck” when it comes to broken legs and long term injuries, but do advise us of how this happens if it is down to ourselves, I’d be very interested to hear this phenomenon explained.

This. Don't wanna play the woe-is-us game, but what odds the amount of "bad luck" this club has had? Obviously in current times that feeling is exacerbated by enviously seeing the other lot doing so well.

Amazes me the amount of injuries, bad injuries, we have had happen to key Everton players over the past two decades, and the RS stars over the same period, just seem to keep chugging along. Mane, Firmino, Salah, van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson seemingly can play 50+ games a season and look as fresh as pre-season for the next fixture.

Anichebe, Vaughan, Yakubu, Arteta, Barkley, Pienaar and Baines for periods of time, Oviedo, McCarthy, Bolasie, Coleman, Gbamin, Bernard, Andre Gomes..... the list goes on.
Add Bracewell, Heath, Mountfield and Southall to that list - plus the poor sod we signed on loan a couple of years ago who lasted just long enough to score on his debut.

I don’t think you create your “own luck” when it comes to broken legs and long term injuries, but do advise us of how this happens if it is down to ourselves, I’d be very interested to hear this phenomenon explained.
tbf I meant 'luck' in general... not just regards leg breaks

and yes I think you do create your own luck...

Loads of broken legs, loss of ACL injuries, loads of metatarsal breaks back in the day when players
got them too. Oh we’ve also had the weird virus that nearly killed Hibbo, and Vaughan and Keane almost losing one of their feet through bad gashes.

As well as being ridiculously rubbish on the pitch we also have some of the worst luck with injuries.

Think we have far less serious injuries nowadays compared to old.

Snodin, Heath, Southall, Van den hawe, Bracewell, Reidy all had loads of injuries.

Didnt stop us winning evrything.

Waiting for someone to blame Duncan Ferguson's coaching.

It is a seemingly high number of horror injuries and I can't think of many other clubs who've had such a high number. Arsenal had Ramsey and Eduardo pretty close together but that's pretty much all I can think of for one club.
We certainly get our share of really bad ones. I struggle to think of any other team that has nearly as many.

Just waiting for somebody to blame Bill Kenwright

We’re the hand to Norway’s ring.

How the F do they keep getting last min goals of someone’s naval, penos when their under their kosh and Keepers dropping balls into their own net.

Running VAR too quite likely.

LAR.

Add Bracewell, Heath, Mountfield and Southall to that list - plus the poor sod we signed on loan a couple of years ago who lasted just long enough to score on his debut.

Actually in recent times, Arouna Kone too. It's amazing the number of new signings we've had over the past two decades who suffered with injury not long after joining.

Loads of broken legs, loss of ACL injuries, loads of metatarsal breaks back in the day when players
got them too. Oh we’ve also had the weird virus that nearly killed Hibbo, and Vaughan and Keane almost losing one of their feet through bad gashes.

As well as being ridiculously rubbish on the pitch we also have some of the worst luck with injuries.

Also didn't Shane Duffy lose something like three litres of blood after puncturing his liver in a training match? When you think back over all the injuries, its unbelievable to think this all has happened to the one club.

Status
Not open for further replies.