Us and luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't NTL go bust or something 2 hours before we were going to sign a mega deal with them?

After almost every other Premier club had already benefited too!

The legend that is Joe Parkinson. Still don't know what exactly happened to his knee in 96-97 but was injured most of the season then out all of the next. Ultimately retired early at 28. He was our new Bracewell and an absolute legend that I'll always wish I saw more of in blue.
He lived in Maghull for a while he had a kickabout with us a couple times.
This was around 1998-2000 ish so he was already retired at this point.

don't you create your own luck ??

we seem very good at creating our own bad luck that's for sure

Never understood that saying.

Its basically something condescending lucky people say when they can't explain their own disproportionate fortune.

Liverpool fans for example.

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."
I am convinced that mob have a deal with Satan and as a side effect or as a direct consequence we are SCREWED for all eternity.

I saw an RS fan on twitter refer to us as the Devils club the other week.

Them... Calling us... Everton...

Essentially, he is sick of hearing fans call them it, so tried to flip it round on us. Just shows how stupid they are. Their lack of awareness is astounding.

I can't wait for them to eventually get their comeuppance. Hopefully sooner rather than later, when they get found guilty of doping.

It doesn't begin with the fans.
It begins with the owner and strong management.

They have the resources and the power to alter the perception of Everton.
Not enough is being done and hasn't been since Kenwright became a significant figurehead.

Soccer is beyond cutthroat now, and you need characters with both charm and terrifying aggression (see Sir Alex, Guardiola and Klopp).

Silva is too passive. I would have been raging and making an absolute scene out of the VAR garbage these past 3 games and calling this so called game a fix.

The only reason for not doing so imo, is because that is exactly what it is. Fixed.

And that is more terrifying a reality than any bad luck.

Easy to point the finger everywhere and say it is because of this.
Success isn't guaranteed, ask United or Arsenal fans how confident they are feeling of being successful again, and we are miles off them in terms of belief, resources and recent success, yet we feel we have a divine right, and if it doesn't happen soon, then get rid and start again.
Pathetic.
How was it Leicester won the league, do they have more resources or better owners than the big 6.
It is a lot about belief, and IMO it does start with us.
We believe we are cursed, or will bottle it, or have poor owners, coach, players, luck etc etc etc.

We don't believe we can be bigger, better etc... So we won't be.

Sooner we get in BMD and get a bit of feel good factor the better. Hopefully it breeds positivity and spirals into some momentum.

How are supporters supposed to stop players getting injured?

What a strange argument

Bizarre reply. Show me where that is the point of my post? The point in my post in having more belief would help us rather that believing we don't get the luck others do. Surely there is nothing wrong with wanting a bit more positivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.