2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Libpwl winning again brutally in the 95th min ,united losing again...we all know how these weekends pan out for Evertonians,silva to be toast by Monday

Are you really that confident? I'd be more confident if this fella wasnt in charge. I cant see an away win in him. 1 point away from home. 1 single point. And our away fixtures havent exactly been the toughest.
West ham win not looking that good as everybody is turning them over.
The only thing we have on our side is that its early.
But im not confident. Simply because we have a manager who stinks of relegation.
I just cant get away from that feeling. An absolute relegation type manager.
Dont bury your head in the sand about the relegation thing. I had newcastle down as one of the 3 sides that would be our safety net of 3 worse teams. They're actualy probably a better side than us.
We're a mess. The sooner we wake up to that the better.
Sleep walking right into a relegation fight.
I’m Far more confident of us winning away this season than being relegated. I think we’ll be ok.

I’ll flip the question now...

1) do you think we are genuinely in a relegation dog fight right now?

2) do you think we will be relegated in May 2020?

3) do you think if this manager can’t sort us out in the next 4-6 games (however long he’s given), we won’t just get rid and get someone in who can win the 9-11games we need to survive between now and the end of the season?

it’s not time to panic right now. Some people on here would make absolutely awful poker players.

in the 90s at times it was genuinely worrying. We had awful teams and awful managers and no money. Back then we were in real trouble.

to be honest part of me thinks a certain section on here like the panic/worry of relegation. It makes them feel alive. They know we’re not going to be doing anything up the top end of the table, so why not a relegation fight? That’s more interesting than finishing 8th-10th.

chill out for a few weeks.

example: I remember when we lost to wolves and man city at Goodison last season. There was one of those “how many points from our last 12 games” threads. A lot of people genuinely had us getting less then 5 points and/or in threat being relegated with their predictions. Writing games off and not giving us a hope.

then we go and beat united, arsenal, Chelsea and draw with the RS and Spurs. All of a sudden the same people are then saying we’re amazing and we’ll push for CL next season with the rights signings.

sometimes I think he is worrying about his reputation and his playing style more than setting up a team to win or get a point.
I think he said something like that :rolleyes:

I feel like Spurs have the same problem as we do, who to replace him with.

They, of course, have a bigger pool than us, but I cant see a Jose or Allegri going there myself.
Can see us having the bigger pool since they will want a top manager, which there are few of right now, while us, any clown will do. As you say above though, who to replace with, for them having a nice new ground and that squad only gives them so much pull, the draw of the Premier League and some nice wages should be the attraction, and the Champions League for them, but not sure how much they are willing to pay.
Cant see either manager being gone before next weekend, but defo not Poch with that away trip to Red Star on Wednesday

Lose to spurs and it's 6 points off seventh, and 2 points off the drop zone.Surely to god the board, are looking at potential replacements.Losing to an out of form Spurs side, will be the straw that breaks the camels back imo.

Can see us having the bigger pool since they will want a top manager, which there are few of right now, while us, any clown will do. As you say above though, who to replace with, for them having a nice new ground and that squad only gives them so much pull, the draw of the Premier League and some nice wages should be the attraction, and the Champions League for them, but not sure how much they are willing to pay.
Cant see either manager being gone before next weekend, but defo not Poch with that away trip to Red Star on Wednesday

Yeah maybe pool was the wrong word, as you say, they want a top manager and there aint loads of them.

Lose to spurs and it's 6 points off seventh, and 2 points off the drop zone.Surely to god the board, are looking at potential replacements.Losing to an out of form Spurs side, will be the straw that breaks the camels back imo.
We could go to Madrid right now and Diego Simeone on board for Christmas but for some unlogical reason we don't want to do it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jin

Status
Not open for further replies.