2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once our board have dithered yet again, and once Silva has taken us through December and we're out of the cup and in the relegation zone, you know 100% that they will turn to somebody "proven" to be able to just keep us up. If Allardyce hadn't left the way he did I genuinely think they'd be going cap in hand to him. Embarrassing. Silva should have been fired weeks ago when the international break was there. The board have willingly allowed it to get worse. Really horrible situation, and then we look over the park at them, winning every game they play by hook or crook.

Once our board have dithered yet again, and once Silva has taken us through December and we're out of the cup and in the relegation zone, you know 100% that they will turn to somebody "proven" to be able to just keep us up. If Allardyce hadn't left the way he did I genuinely think they'd be going cap in hand to him. Embarrassing. Silva should have been fired weeks ago when the international break was there. The board have willingly allowed it to get worse. Really horrible situation, and then we look over the park at them, winning every game they play by hook or crook.

Absolutely AGREE; shocked he is still here.

Only thing I can think of is that Moshiri is tired of paying millions in compensation for termination of contract.

With the run of fixtures we have have in December, coupled with the poor form we are in & Silva's incompetence, we could very well be 20th going into January 2020. Absolute joke.
If there was a better available on us being bottom 3 going into 2020 I'd take it right now, unfortunately.

I’m Far more confident of us winning away this season than being relegated. I think we’ll be ok.

I’ll flip the question now...

1) do you think we are genuinely in a relegation dog fight right now?

2) do you think we will be relegated in May 2020?

3) do you think if this manager can’t sort us out in the next 4-6 games (however long he’s given), we won’t just get rid and get someone in who can win the 9-11games we need to survive between now and the end of the season?

it’s not time to panic right now. Some people on here would make absolutely awful poker players.

in the 90s at times it was genuinely worrying. We had awful teams and awful managers and no money. Back then we were in real trouble.

to be honest part of me thinks a certain section on here like the panic/worry of relegation. It makes them feel alive. They know we’re not going to be doing anything up the top end of the table, so why not a relegation fight? That’s more interesting than finishing 8th-10th.

chill out for a few weeks.

example: I remember when we lost to wolves and man city at Goodison last season. There was one of those “how many points from our last 12 games” threads. A lot of people genuinely had us getting less then 5 points and/or in threat being relegated with their predictions. Writing games off and not giving us a hope.

then we go and beat united, arsenal, Chelsea and draw with the RS and Spurs. All of a sudden the same people are then saying we’re amazing and we’ll push for CL next season with the rights signings.

Again. Someone pulling up those wins against united chelsea and arsenal. They look good on paper only as they were the worst trio of those clubs to visit goodison in years. That united side stunk goodison out more than any united side i have ever seen at goodison. I had this out with a few on here at the time. Those reults had very little to do with how good we were and more to do with how poor they were. The proof being 6 or 7 months later we are sitting 4th from bottom.
As for the rest of the post. I cant be arsed. But some views on here thinking its guarenteed we wont be in any sort of relegation fight is very blinkered and foolish. We can easly get dragged into it with our performaces. Makes people feel alive? Ha. We've been dross 95% of this season.
Me personaly. Everything is about the feeling i get about silva. There's a relegation in him.

I’m Far more confident of us winning away this season than being relegated. I think we’ll be ok.

I’ll flip the question now...

1) do you think we are genuinely in a relegation dog fight right now?

2) do you think we will be relegated in May 2020?

3) do you think if this manager can’t sort us out in the next 4-6 games (however long he’s given), we won’t just get rid and get someone in who can win the 9-11games we need to survive between now and the end of the season?

it’s not time to panic right now. Some people on here would make absolutely awful poker players.

in the 90s at times it was genuinely worrying. We had awful teams and awful managers and no money. Back then we were in real trouble.

to be honest part of me thinks a certain section on here like the panic/worry of relegation. It makes them feel alive. They know we’re not going to be doing anything up the top end of the table, so why not a relegation fight? That’s more interesting than finishing 8th-10th.

chill out for a few weeks.

example: I remember when we lost to wolves and man city at Goodison last season. There was one of those “how many points from our last 12 games” threads. A lot of people genuinely had us getting less then 5 points and/or in threat being relegated with their predictions. Writing games off and not giving us a hope.

then we go and beat united, arsenal, Chelsea and draw with the RS and Spurs. All of a sudden the same people are then saying we’re amazing and we’ll push for CL next season with the rights signings.
My opinion (before I get another warning) is that the above is a little naive.

I had some time yesterday and watched Southampton (vs Man City), Aston Villa (vs Liverpool) and Sheffield United and all of them are currently, in those matches I watched yesterday, playing better football than us. So if you are thinking we'll naturally (automatically) finish above all three of them, think again.Everybody has money now, and I watched their (Villa) striker Wesley, I think, which the majority on here called a donkey. He's not you know...

I had some time yesterday and watched Southampton (vs Man City), Aston Villa (vs Liverpool) and Sheffield United and all of them are currently, in those matches I watched yesterday, playing better football than us. So if you are thinking we'll naturally (automatically) finish above all three of them, think again.Everybody has money now, and I watched their (Villa) striker Wesley, I think, which the majority on here called a donkey. He's not you know...

Sheff utd know what they're doing at least. The best comparison i can think of right now is brighton away last week. In the 94th minute there is no way they would have been as open as us for brighton to get behind for that last minute goal. Forget the own goal thing for a min as that is unlucky. Its the we gave them the chance. And i think we'll always be like that under silva.
I have no faith in him.
Need to beat spurs today and every home game we need those points as our away points tally i can see this season being so low.

Not confident about us getting anything from the spurs game,would like to be wrong.After seeing Southampton at City I would like to bet that next week's game against us can not come quick enough for them. But will it make a difference if we lose both games, nothing will change Silva will keep his job and we will carry on playing dour football. Wake up Moshiri and sack him.

The thing is, if Spurs start off by battering us and going a goal up he will change nothing until they go 2 goals up.
He’s too reactive for me and not proactive enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.