Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your pissed you lad sides full of crabs we laughed at sides blowing cash ... paid near 100 mil for a front 3 and no better. Added to tosun 28 mil that’s near 130 mil up top and clueless, oh sorry add Walcott. Silly money to battle for 8-9th.
English please

When we went 442 for 10 mins we had a bit more intensity, so he swiftly knocked that on the head and played some odd 2.5 at the back and looked clueless again

All the doom and fume on here, and yet if we had won at Bournemouth last week we would have gone third. To quote a [Poor language removed] Emery(google him) show from years ago...'calm down' Lets see how the Sheff Wed game goes, and the Man City. Strangely enough I think we will play better against the better sides this year. City lost last week and got angry so destroyed Watford today, and WAtford had given Arsenal a good game last week. We need to be angry after today, and let it show at Sheff Wed and against City. ....and all this talk of 'giving up on Everton' You never ever give up on Everton. So eleven angry players next week, Marco.
Can,t wait for the City game. Then HOPEFULLY this will show many on here how far we are behind the top two. Honestly think they will make us look like a Championship side! Hard to take but this is the real world.

We were to late AGAIN !!! He,s gone to Chelsea. Should have got him way before Chelsea come a calling. Your honest opinion please~ Would you have Lampard and Drogba OR Arteta and Cahill ? In my opinion ,my TWO better by far. TWO world class players with up to date knowledge of the present game who would command the greatest respect. And to have Drogba as a striker coach ! WOW !!!! BUT the horse has now bolted yet again.!

A proper sorry state of affairs, that.

We are hopeless at the moment. Getting beat at home 2-0 by Sheffield United is unforgivable.

I am once again, falling out of love with Everton. Rather than my usual post match seethe, I am just becoming numb to this. I actually started laughing at intervals of play in the last 10 minutes.

I am by no means a "Silva Out" advocate, as I still think he will steer us back on track but he has a monumental job ahead.

He is simply not up to it.....

Punished for our passivity in the first half, I really thought we’d learned how to play on the front foot from the off and use the Goodison crowd to or advantage from the run of home games we’ve had. Hopefully it was an off day and not a revert to mid 18/19.

Going 1-0 down from their only corner was a blow but shouldn’t have had our heads down as much.

There was a good reaction to the first 2 subs which were good, 4-4-2 playing on the front foot. The Walcott sub was horrendous though, was he playing right back or right wing, honestly couldn’t tell what positions some players were playing in the last 20. Poor stuff from Silva it has to be said.

Hopefully we keep our names in the hat midweek and give a big performance against City.

To be honest for this team and our manager is easier to play vs City instead of teams like Sheffield, we have nothing to lose and a lot to win , 10 guys behind the ball and quick counterattacks, Silva dreams about team and games like that , his problem is when we play vs teams like tonight , that’s shows his skills, in almost two years we still don’t have a automatism in our game in any line, all improvisation , we have a very good players but one of the worse manager and unfortunately until we suck him there will be no improvement....
As much I hate myself when I state this but maybe for us to lose a four games in a row ( Sheffield, Sheffield W, City and Burnley ) would not be that bad at all as we are still only in September and it’s a lot to play for , I hope that would be enough for him to get plane a ticket for one way

Can,t wait for the City game. Then HOPEFULLY this will show many on here how far we are behind the top two. Honestly think they will make us look like a Championship side! Hard to take but this is the real world.

Just seen the highlights on Youtube. Pickford didn't cover himself in glory for either goal. Very weak on the first, it was his ball and he didn't get near it. Second goal he was too far out of his goal, no need to be out there.

A dose of realism needed here.

Now consider we have been paying top dollar for, apparently top draw, players for the past few seasons now! Are we any better than when we had next to no money and finished higher? We're not are we...

The fan base perspective is that we have a near enough a top six squad now after significant investment. Therefore it is expected that we fear nobody, home or away, and therefore always play with the same system. Man City and Liverpool do this week in and week out cos they have the ability to not have to worry about what the opposition brings because they are that good!!!

Our players are not yet at that lofty level required to consistently win games in an attacking free flowing style as the school of science so rightly demands. You see you can all fool yourselves and and keep climbing on the summer hype train of expectation. If, however, you take a look at who we have sold over the last few seasons and who we have bought it's plain to see we still like to sell any real quality we get to the better clubs.

Silva probably thinks he now has the personnel to compete like the top four sides. He will end up getting terminated though cos we don't have the players and he certainly is no top draw manager either. I'm afraid he may be too one dimensional. Teams know how to play him now. We need someone who can set up like Moyes/Big Sam defensively but also knows how to convert possession into goals. We all moaned about these managers negativity but now you are seeing what happens when we don't have that balance.

2nd sentance nails it for me, we are worse now than when we were skint. Off field is another story but on it I think we`d all like to go back to the times when we were competing for top 4 and playing in Europe, long gone now, we wont qualify this season. Again who is to blame? Who hires these inept managers? We are on a crash course directly for the Championship in the next few years unless we get a winning manager and mentality.

When we were skint we didnt want mediocrity, now weve got cash we havent got mediocrity, we are worse than that!

Just seen the highlights on Youtube. Pickford didn't cover himself in glory for either goal. Very weak on the first, it was his ball and he didn't get near it. Second goal he was too far out of his goal, no need to be out there.

Tbf, I thought he was fouled for the first but the second was terrible....deserved nothing, got nothing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.