Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Richarlison was good and would have produced something but then we went and changed every possible thing and he got lost.
If good is falling over then he was absolutely brilliant ,otherwise he needs to man up because every ref now takes no notice of his antics .He is the boy who cried wolf except he has been bitten a few times but still no believes him.

If good is falling over then he was absolutely brilliant ,otherwise he needs to man up because every ref now takes no notice of his antics .He is the boy who cried wolf except he has been bitten a few times but still no believes him.
No good as in he still is the most likely player we have to actually score and he's starting to look like he might create something at times. Referees not refereeing him fairly isn't really his fault. Every single top level player goes down lightly so no one should be suffering from this reputation crap.

We have got 1 point from the following:
Crystal Palace (a)
Aston Villa (a)
Bournemouth (a)
Sheff Utd (h)

100%
I will say again what I said several pages earlier in this thread.
Get rid of Silva. Clueless.
Give Mourinho a blank cheque to sort out the on-pitch performance, and to radically change the backroom staff. Give him a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take on and better the RS in their own backyard! I believe he would relish the prospect.
Do it now while there is still a chance to salvage something from this season.
How you asked Mr Moshiri who is backing the cheques ,I have a notion it isn't you.

I just copped the most bizarre blasting from a Reds mate of mine where he basically let me know how bad we are and all things Silva (like I needed his help) and how Digne would be lucky to be the 7th best LB in the prem and how he watches quite a lot of our matches...

And I mean, even on a day like today, I still thank god I’m an Everton supporter and not one of those.

A dose of realism needed here.

Now consider we have been paying top dollar for, apparently top draw, players for the past few seasons now! Are we any better than when we had next to no money and finished higher? We're not are we...

The fan base perspective is that we have a near enough a top six squad now after significant investment. Therefore it is expected that we fear nobody, home or away, and therefore always play with the same system. Man City and Liverpool do this week in and week out cos they have the ability to not have to worry about what the opposition brings because they are that good!!!

Our players are not yet at that lofty level required to consistently win games in an attacking free flowing style as the school of science so rightly demands. You see you can all fool yourselves and and keep climbing on the summer hype train of expectation. If, however, you take a look at who we have sold over the last few seasons and who we have bought it's plain to see we still like to sell any real quality we get to the better clubs.

Silva probably thinks he now has the personnel to compete like the top four sides. He will end up getting terminated though cos we don't have the players and he certainly is no top draw manager either. I'm afraid he may be too one dimensional. Teams know how to play him now. We need someone who can set up like Moyes/Big Sam defensively but also knows how to convert possession into goals. We all moaned about these managers negativity but now you are seeing what happens when we don't have that balance.

No good as in he still is the most likely player we have to actually score and he's starting to look like he might create something at times. Referees not refereeing him fairly isn't really his fault. Every single top level player goes down lightly so no one should be suffering from this reputation crap.
I don't make the rules ,yes he might be the most likely to score but not whilst he is on his backside rolling about until the ref turns around .I am on the same side as you but we would both be fools if we thought this acting would work,yes it does for some but not him.

The problem is that we don't really have anyone to introduce in midfield which is where our major problems lie (apart from defensive frailty on set-pieces). Bring Davies in next week and he will get circles run around him the City midfield. Baningime would be a risk too far. So we are stuck with a defensive two or a recovering Gomes + one other.

I'd be tempted to drop Sigurdsson and put Iwobi into his position, maybe with Gordon on the bench just because nothing can be worse than the scheisse we just watched...

If the system is dropping deep and trying to score off the odd corner you're riding your luck. Hitting on 17 in blackjack is a system but making money off of it is still going to require a lot of good fortune.
So defensive football is riding your luck but 80% possession with 900 sideways passes between CBs is an organised system?

I don't make the rules ,yes he might be the most likely to score but not whilst he is on his backside rolling about until the ref turns around .I am on the same side as you but we would both be fools if we thought this acting would work,yes it does for some but not him.
If I have to choose between Richarlison getting on the end of things and looking a threat but falling a bit, Gylfi being largely ineffective and just sort of drifting around, or Bernard beating players but playing aimless balls to no one well I think you can guess who I like best.

Status
Not open for further replies.