Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is Silva supposed to do?

If one of our centre backs is having a poor game then hes only got Holgate to put in.

Aside from Gomes we have no passer in the centre.

Gbamin is out so Schneiderlin plays.

Any wide players have a problem then...its...Walcott

Not really much of a squad to play with when aside from the first 11 we are really lacking quality.

The two key players we lack are a top class CB and a super centre midfielder.

Also, playing the axis of evil (Schneiderlin/Sigurdsson) out of necessity...

I find it very difficult to feel sorry for Silva.

The quality of players he’s got at his disposal may not be up to the standard of the top 6 but he has a team full of seasoned premier league and international footballers there. Enough quality to overcome the likes of Crystal Palave, Aston Villa, Bournemouth and bloody Sheffiled United at home.

There’s absolutely no excuses for these three results. Absolute none.

He picks the side and sets out the game plan and the game plans he’s implementing are not working. The buck stops directly with him.

I find it very difficult to feel sorry for Silva.

The quality of players he’s got at his disposal may not be up to the standard of the top 6 but he has a team full of seasoned premier league and international footballers there. Enough quality to overcome the likes of Crystal Palave, Aston Villa, Bournemouth and bloody Sheffiled United at home.

There’s absolutely no excuses for these three results. Absolute none.

He picks the side and sets out the game plan and the game plans he’s implementing are not working. The buck stops directly with him.
not schneiderlin, walcott or dcl and not 2 defensive midfieders and 1 up top at home to sheff utd. no excuse for performances so far, we're lucky to have 7 points.

Ok so instead of;

Mina/ Keane....?
Schneiderlin...?
Sigurdsson...?

For me, the main issue we have is the centre backs have no real pace and dont work together and the centre midfield is disjointed.

With only 2 senior centre backs + gomes/gbamin out im not sure what options he has?

The two positions i wanted strengthening and weve been left in a real pickle.

I just can’t justify keeping Silva another game. I have never seen a coach so incompetent to adapt to the players he has. Kean is ineffective because he is not a hold up stiker. He is also not a lone striker yet due to age and inexperience in the league. I hate that Richy and Bernard/Iwobi receives the ball so far back basically throwing them off of the play to begin with. Coleman is to slow to make the plays up the wing and then to get back on defense. Seems we rely on the Wing play instead of attacking the middle. I just hate the style of play we have.i love our players but man, we are just wasting time right now.

Have a look at the rest of the PL. Apart from the top 4 teams currently they are all having fluctuating seasons.

6 games in, the typical kneejerk from our fans kicks in.

We have to get off the sacking carousel.

I agree that constantly changing the manager is normally a recipe for disaster but this whole throwing the ball in to the box with little thought went out of fashion with Tony Pulis ffs. The game has moved on, where is the hunger and desire? We look a side fresh from a 5k pre match run.

It's only early and there is plenty of time to sort ourselves out. We've got Burnley, West Ham and Brighton in October - make a meal out of those and something has to give.

Who else is he supposed to play?

For not persisting with tactics and out of form players. For not throwing everyone up front when going behind. For not making changes until it’s too late (apart from today). For being able to defend setpiece.

I want him to do well but to be schooled by Aston Villa, Bournemouth and now Sheff Utd at home is too much to take. What to do now..

Ok so instead of;

Mina/ Keane....?
Schneiderlin...?
Sigurdsson...?

For me, the main issue we have is the centre backs have no real pace and dont work together and the centre midfield is disjointed.

With only 2 senior centre backs + gomes/gbamin out im not sure what options he has?

The real issue is we can’t score goals. Way too few.

For not persisting with tactics and out of form players. For not throwing everyone up front when going behind. For not making changes until it’s too late (apart from today). For being able to defend setpiece.

I want him to do well but to be schooled by Aston Villa, Bournemouth and now Sheff Utd at home is too much to take. What to do now..

Again, who does he play?

Holgate / Davies / Walcott?

Theres really limited options...

Ok so instead of;

Mina/ Keane....?
Schneiderlin...?
Sigurdsson...?

I don’t disagree with the lack of depth shouts mate. I agree that we don’t have the complete depth of quality required to take us further up to have a real go at breaking into that top 6 spot. Most of our back up players would just about get into a championship sides starting 11.

I’m not however gonna see that used an excuse for Silva to feel sorry for him, when the squad he has at the moment has the quality and is more than capable enough of being able to see off teams like those we have lost to and struggled against this season.

Ok so instead of;

Mina/ Keane....?
Schneiderlin...?
Sigurdsson...?

I agree Zat.

He has no options, he can only play 4231 and he only has 11 players to pick from.

Its not his fault.

Its not Silvas fault.

Blame Koeman, Walsh, Brands, Moshiri, but please, NEVER blame Silva.

Ok so instead of;

Mina/ Keane....?
Schneiderlin...?
Sigurdsson...?

Sorry but so many options

Play 2 up front play AI or TD ahead of him drop MK so what if MH is not a senior you drop Keane your making a statement that you haven’t been good enough people get a easy ride at Everton they need to be doing things for a long long time before you get dropped

Sorry but it starts and ends with the manager

Status
Not open for further replies.