Everton Youth Teams Thread

If Hornby is confirmed as a loan to Hibs that’s 5 of last years attackers gone , Broadhead, Bowler, Hornby on loan, Sambou , Charsley permanently gone. With Adedoyin also on loan our remaining attackers are very young in Gordon, Simms, Phillips and Mampala , quite exciting really and with a few decent young midfielders also moving up it’ll hopefully offer a more attacking team this year. And if Feeney goes on loan , we could still have a decent back four of Foulds, Gibson, Astley, John., with Hansen GK. Having such a young squad will really test Unsworth , and we’re unlikely to win PL2 again but it feels somehow we’re moving in the right direction .

Oh that’s interesting in that it seems to signal a shift in policy at u23 s. Sadly Evans never built on the promise he showed as a 16 year old, a decent player on his day but nowhere near the first team. In the past we’d have kept a 20 year old for another year , maybe in the u23 or loaned him out with a contract extension with a view to selling him. This is a very fair deal for Evans , enabling him to find a club without a fee.

Oh that’s interesting in that it seems to signal a shift in policy at u23 s. Sadly Evans never built on the promise he showed as a 16 year old, a decent player on his day but nowhere near the first team. In the past we’d have kept a 20 year old for another year , maybe in the u23 or loaned him out with a contract extension with a view to selling him. This is a very fair deal for Evans , enabling him to find a club without a fee.

Good change In policy. Was causing massive bottlenecks in the system. Evans was an extraordinarily talented teen playing way beyond his years.. thought he was THE kid RM had earmarked at one time.. but yeah.. just didn’t lock on. Deffo good enough to have a good career...

Good change In policy. Was causing massive bottlenecks in the system. Evans was an extraordinarily talented teen playing way beyond his years.. thought he was THE kid RM had earmarked at one time.. but yeah.. just didn’t lock on. Deffo good enough to have a good career...
Yep, when Martinez made the Golden Generation comment I thought of Evans as the youngest of those six or seven players .
I’m assuming Brands is driving the change , I think people won’t appreciate just how big these changes are until we see the squads for next weekend’s u18 and 23 games and work out their average ages.
I see City are paying £8 mill for a 16 year old kid from WBA and that’s the dilemma. We probably need some reinforcements but a classy 19 year old will cost £27 mill and by pass the U23s, do you pay a small amount and take a risk with varying results like DCL and Sambou, and somebody in between with less risk will be looking for first team football. Either way exciting times ahead this season finding out just what we’ve got .