Everton Youth Teams Thread

Eggs

Player Valuation: £70m
Joe Williams going hey... another stat to prove the theory... didn’t break into the first team in his teens.. almost zero chance to do it at his age now.

Still a good player that will be a millionaire in football. Good luck chap.
...the slight difference with Williams is that he suffered serious injuries at the time he would’ve been under consideration. A bit like Osman, if he had a breakthrough it was going to happen later than normal.

BornBlue76

Player Valuation: £8m
...the slight difference with Williams is that he suffered serious injuries at the time he would’ve been under consideration. A bit like Osman, if he had a breakthrough it was going to happen later than normal.
True did have those injuries... was wondering though how ling before Osman was brought up as an example to disprove the theory.. he’ll make a very good footballer will Joe.. I actually thought he might be the exception ...

Eggs

Player Valuation: £70m
True did have those injuries... was wondering though how ling before Osman was brought up as an example to disprove the theory.. he’ll make a very good footballer will Joe.. I actually thought he might be the exception ...
...I think Osman broke into the team at about 22. I watched him lots as youngster and he was truly exceptional.

Williams is a very different type, very combative and fearless. Every team needs that type of character and he’ll have a career in the game.

gaino92

Power level over 9000
Watching him against Sion I think cemented the fact he wasn't going to make it here, threw himself in to a ridiculous challenge which could have been a red and injured himself doing it.

blueloon

Player Valuation: £30m
Because Hornby is a carthorse
I see. I was really looking for something a bit more insightful, perhaps indicating you’d seen him in more than just pre season games, and why a smart manager like Paul Heckingbottom was making a mistake in taking a 19 year old Scottish u21 international up to the SPL on a loan deal with no risks involved to Hibs. But I guess that will have to do.

Hawhaw

Player Valuation: £2.5m
About bloody time

While it is important to have coaches who understand Everton, Unsworth should be told to play exactly how our first team setup tactics wise.

Regardless of results. Or get out.

The focus should be preparing our best individual players to make the setup to first team, or play mans football on loan/ sold with buyback.

Unsworth keeping players in the u23s so he can win meaningless trophies actually hinders potential of our players.

mightymoyes

Player Valuation: £60m
While it is important to have coaches who understand Everton, Unsworth should be told to play exactly how our first team setup tactics wise.

Regardless of results. Or get out.

The focus should be preparing our best individual players to make the setup to first team, or play mans football on loan/ sold with buyback.

Unsworth keeping players in the u23s so he can win meaningless trophies actually hinders potential of our players.
I doubt its all down to him, you need to get the right clubs actually interested in loaning them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.