2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he could score more goals but he just cant be bothered?

Come off it lad, its one thing having an opinion that he's not good enough, thats fine.

But suggesting he doesn't bother trying to score more goals because he knows he's already first choice striker is a bit silly really
Use the ignore button. The world is a much better place with him on ignore.

Because the two go together, as I said; players have to project their image judiciously today. His mate Tom Davies is another one who should try it. Another cart before the horse individual: the superstar image built on Championship level performances. No one wants to see that.
Superstar image?! He's usually pictured having a kickabout in the centre in his trackies with a mop of unruly hair. He's about as superstar as my hairy ass you lovable buffoon

I'm not up in arms about his pose; his pose is fine and he can do it all day long if he likes - just as long as he gets the ball in the net on a regular basis. One determines the attitude to the other. I dont think I'm alone in taking that p.o.v. either.

How many goals a season does somebody need to score before they don't have to ask you how they should dress on their holidays?

So he could score more goals but he just cant be bothered?

Come off it lad, its one thing having an opinion that he's not good enough, thats fine.

But suggesting he doesn't bother trying to score more goals because he knows he's already first choice striker is a bit silly really
Some poeple need more external motivation than others, others who have a natural desire to just score goals. He's not a natural predator...all good strikers are.

Some poeple need more external motivation than others, others who have a natural desire to just score goals. He's not a natural predator...all good strikers are.

I agree with that. But thats not what you said.

You said he would score more goals if he wasnt guaranteed to be our first choice striker, suggesting that because he knows he's first choice already he doesnt bother scoring as many, which is ridiculous

Haha I actually haven't got anyone on ignore on here.

If I put all the moaners with dodgy opinions on ignore there wouldn't be much to read lol
Same here, it's too easy to put someone on ignore, much rather discuss something with them, ignoring someone is a cop out IMO.

In the threads I am interested in I find all posts entertaining in some way shape or form, having different opinions is what makes the world go round.

@davek, bless him, how could you put him on ignore? there would only be 12 pages in this thread if his opinion didn't provoke others.

The 'look at me, I've made it' attitude.

Massive wages + minimal talent should not = 'look at me' poses.

I feel embarrassed for him. A player who has undoubtedly proven how bad he is at putting the ball in the net (his primary duty) should be keeping a low profile.

The quicker he's playing for Reading or Brentford or whatever the better.
Surely fishing

Same here, it's too easy to put someone on ignore, much rather discuss something with them, ignoring someone is a cop out IMO.

In the threads I am interested in I find all posts entertaining in some way shape or form, having different opinions is what makes the world go round.

@davek, bless him, how could you put him on ignore? there would only be 12 pages in this thread if his opinion didn't provoke others.

Nope.

Shouldn't have to come on and read the same select few derailing every single thread.

I'm not up in arms about his pose; his pose is fine and he can do it all day long if he likes - just as long as he gets the ball in the net on a regular basis. One determines the attitude to the other. I dont think I'm alone in taking that p.o.v. either.

So people should wear gear based on there footballing ability then?
Id be stuck in a nice pair cordaroy slacks and an "im with stupid" t shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.