2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top strikers score hat-tricks.

He is struggling to score a single goal.
I am not sure if he has it in him to get to the level required.

I really want him to prove us wrong, but the evidence is stacking up against him.

That miss against the RS at the end of the Allardyce home derby is still his level of finishing.

Love his work rate and ethic he’s been a credit to himself and the club given his treatment under under previous regimes

However football moves on quickly you have to keep up and move with it or get left behind
sadly he’s been left behind

Love his work rate and ethic he’s been a credit to himself and the club given his treatment under under previous regimes

However football moves on quickly you have to keep up and move with it or get left behind
sadly he’s been left behind

?????
"Treatment"???? They've made a seriously woeful footballer a multi-millionaire set for life.

?????
"Treatment"???? They've made a seriously woeful footballer a multi-millionaire set for life.

Indeed they have pal he’s hit the jackpot

Treatment comment was down to him being played as a full back as well as a winger etc
And got on with it

Many would have sulked there arses off and took the money

He actually did better than I thought he would do. He got himself into position for 3 great chances (2 clear chances) which is a positive but messing them up are far bigger negatives....he has no finishing ability for us to continue with and wanting to move up the league.

Indeed they have pal he’s hit the jackpot

Treatment comment was down to him being played as a full back as well as a winger etc
And got on with it

Many would have sulked there arses off and took the money

I dunno mate. I do get what you mean but it was hardly a massive hardship, softened further by appearance fees. He's one of several players in our squad I just don't get at all.

I dunno mate. I do get what you mean but it was hardly a massive hardship, softened further by appearance fees. He's one of several players in our squad I just don't get at all.

With you there pal likeswise
I personally just admire that he has got on and had a go
given we have had Mirallas and others sulking and skulking

His attitude has been refreshing

The bloke is so lucky. Gets games after games for a great club like Everton. Chance after chance. We’ve got the worst striker options in the league and he doesn’t take the chance. Even when we were utterly pants we still had odd decent forward. DCL isn’t worth a start.

The bloke is so lucky. Gets games after games for a great club like Everton. Chance after chance. We’ve got the worst striker options in the league and he doesn’t take the chance. Even when we were utterly pants we still had odd decent forward. DCL isn’t worth a start.

I've often wondered about this, good point.

We've spent (ok not net) £400m or whatever it is since Moshiri has come in. Only £27m (Tosun) has been spent on a striker. If you're a billionaire coming in, don't you whammo on the blammos??

Status
Not open for further replies.