2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not up in arms about his pose; his pose is fine and he can do it all day long if he likes - just as long as he gets the ball in the net on a regular basis. One determines the attitude to the other. I dont think I'm alone in taking that p.o.v. either.
Then why are you complaining about "look at me poses" and "look at me attitude"? By all accounts the lads attitude is top drawer. Does what he is asked to do whether it is play up top, left wing, right wing or right wing back. Yes he may not be good enough but its not through a lack of trying is it.

Then why are you complaining about "look at me poses" and "look at me attitude"? By all accounts the lads attitude is top drawer. Does what he is asked to do whether it is play up top, left wing, right wing or right wing back. Yes he may not be good enough but its not through a lack of trying is it.
Because the two go together, as I said; players have to project their image judiciously today. His mate Tom Davies is another one who should try it. Another cart before the horse individual: the superstar image built on Championship level performances. No one wants to see that.

The absolute 'kin state of him.

He needs to earn that attitude. He's a bang average Championship player at best.
Can't blame him though, can you? Rightly or wrongly (wrongly, very wrongly), our last two managers have made him our standout, and only, centre forward, leading our charge for a top six finish (and obviously failing).

He's Big Time now. Because of previous failings they've probably left it too late to loan him out to improve his game. So he'll either go on to be a bench warmer for us, or get sold and stay at a lower, more suitable, level.

Can't blame him though, can you? Rightly or wrongly (wrongly, very wrongly), our last two managers have made him our standout, and only, centre forward, leading our charge for a top six finish (and obviously failing).

He's Big Time now.
Spot on mate. That's the context. Bring no recognised striker in and this lad knows he'll be playing and this attitude will persisit with him. I guarantee if Calvert-Lewin had a proper striker at the club knocking him onto the bench he'd squeeze out a few goals from somewhere.

Because the two go together, as I said; players have to project their image judiciously today. His mate Tom Davies is another one who should try it. Another cart before the horse individual: the superstar image built on Championship level performances. No one wants to see that.
I'm just going to walk away from this conversation because you obviously have no idea about the world of social media among under 30's. Its not like he's going around acting like a massive helmet like Lingard.

I'm just going to walk away from this conversation because you obviously have no idea about the world of social media among under 30's. Its not like he's going around acting like a massive helmet like Lingard.
It\'s not about social media - it's a cross generational issue: there's been Everton players over the decades who've got their mugs in the press and chased that just because they get a starting jersey.

Social media is just a different and later platform. The attitude is universal. And he needs to lose it.

I dont look for what they;re up to myself. Posted on here half an hour after a perfomance like that versus Wigan didn't help his cause.

Erm no he posted that picture 10th or July, he returned to training 22nd of July and played his first 45 mins against a much fitter Wigan on the 24th of July.

You’re just doing your usual “what can I whinge about today” and are seemingly slating a lad just because he doesn’t wear cords and a flannel shirt like you do on his holidays.

Erm no he posted that picture 10th or July, he returned to training 22nd of July and played his first 45 mins against a much fitter Wigan on the 24th of July.

You’re just doing your usual “what can I whinge about today” and are seemingly slating a lad just because he doesn’t wear cords and a flannel shirt like you do on his holidays.
Did I say he posted it last night? I said it was posted on here 30 minutes after the Wigan game.

It\'s not about social media - it's a cross generational issue: there's been Everton players over the decades who've got their mugs in the press and chased that just because they get a starting jersey.

Social media is just a different and later platform. The attitude is universal. And he needs to lose it.
lol You going on about this 'attitude' because he posted a picture on social media while he was away on holiday. Absolute shambles this morning mate. Try again tonight when we announce a 52k seater and you go on to whine moan it isn't good enough.

Spot on mate. That's the context. Bring no recognised striker in and this lad knows he'll be playing and this attitude will persisit with him. I guarantee if Calvert-Lewin had a proper striker at the club knocking him onto the bench he'd squeeze out a few goals from somewhere.

So he could score more goals but he just cant be bothered?

Come off it lad, its one thing having an opinion that he's not good enough, thats fine.

But suggesting he doesn't bother trying to score more goals because he knows he's already first choice striker is a bit silly really

Status
Not open for further replies.