• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your agenda against the little Brazilian
Is baffling , he’s the closest to anders limpar I can remember a wonderful footballer who can provide genuine moments of class ,he is vital to our counter attacks and his play on the ball is a joy to watch
It really isn't an agenda. If he comes out next season and starts lighting it up I will hold my hand up and say I got it wrong. But what I saw this season was a player who is tasked with being a threat and effective in the final third who did most of his good work in the middle and defensive third. We scored 54 goals last year which is firmly in the category of average so to improve that we need to look at striker obviously but also the wing that isn't Richarlison where Bernard, with a little help from Walcott, gave us little production. So I'm not saying sell Bernard or even Walcott necessarily but I do think chasing moves for Neres, Malcom, Under, etc. is a prudent thing to do if we want to get better. That means Bernard is the odd man out at least initially.
[/QUOTE]

I think that getting a striker in , another CB , RB competition , box to box midfielder would improve us far more than looking to replace Bernard.
Why look for problems where there aren't any ?

It really isn't an agenda. If he comes out next season and starts lighting it up I will hold my hand up and say I got it wrong. But what I saw this season was a player who is tasked with being a threat and effective in the final third who did most of his good work in the middle and defensive third. We scored 54 goals last year which is firmly in the category of average so to improve that we need to look at striker obviously but also the wing that isn't Richarlison where Bernard, with a little help from Walcott, gave us little production. So I'm not saying sell Bernard or even Walcott necessarily but I do think chasing moves for Neres, Malcom, Under, etc. is a prudent thing to do if we want to get better. That means Bernard is the odd man out at least initially.
I think there are problems in our attack though. We need to score 70ish goals most likely to make CL. Is a striker alone going to be worth 16 more? Cenk and DCL gave us 9 so say in less minutes DCL gets 4 or 5 next year we are still looking for a striker to come in and give us 20 without taking any off of Gylfi and Richarlison. And those two were given a ton of freedom to look to get on the end of things in the absence of a striker. For me improving our creativity is 100% something that needs to happen this summer.

That said I still think the combination of Lookman, Onyekuru, Vlasic and even Dowell probably have something to offer if they were ever given a proper shot at it. I'm not sure if Marco is willing to give them the opportunity but if we don't sign someone I really hope that he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.