Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t rate Bernard = not taken seriously

I don’t make the rules.
To his credit, he has started naming the other fringe players along with Lookman. When he first started his campaign, it was Lookman was the answer and should play more than Bernard. Progress.....more than Everton have made so far in the transfer market.

I admire your persistence mate.
I think that you may be surprised in the season ahead.
I hope so . If not , I will hold my hand up.

Just checked for some latest rumours. Absolutely nothing to get excited about. Might as well get excited by the rumours I make up in me head and believe they're going to happen only until reality hits me and then i'm on a downer.

Just checked for some latest rumours. Absolutely nothing to get excited about. Might as well get excited by the rumours I make up in me head and believe they're going to happen only until reality hits me and then i'm on a downer.
I've been making fake Ziyech rumors since the season ended.

Not excited by us getting Gomes permanently when he was the best player on the pitch in most of the games against the best teams?

I think there are problems in our attack though. We need to score 70ish goals most likely to make CL. Is a striker alone going to be worth 16 more? Cenk and DCL gave us 9 so say in less minutes DCL gets 4 or 5 next year we are still looking for a striker to come in and give us 20 without taking any off of Gylfi and Richarlison. And those two were given a ton of freedom to look to get on the end of things in the absence of a striker. For me improving our creativity is 100% something that needs to happen this summer.
Realistically we needed to score 65 goals last season for a CL spot. That means we needed to score 11 more goals, while giving up 7 less. I truly believe if we play defensively like we did during the last half of last season we will give up 7 less just by not giving up all of those early set piece goals as we struggled to mark. With that sorted, 11 more goals is not that hard to do with a top striker. If we bring in a top striker, I expect he will add another 7-8 goals. Bernard could score 2 more, and then we just would need 2 more from a CM like Gomes, and thats 11 without any other increases. I think just adding a top striker and Bernard and Gomes being more familiar with the playstyle could make up the entire difference, but adding a new RB, or a top new winger like Malcom as well could do the same. On paper, Champions league then doesnt seem out of reach. Paper is nice. I like paper.

Kinda my take on it as well mate. Its difficult not to be a bit optimistic when we will have 3 ex Barcelona players starting, (at a cost of circa £75m), plus 2 Brazilians, one who starts for the International side, and one who did.
True, when you think of it like that, we have literally swapped out almost half of our side from the likes of Bolasie, Lennon, and Old Baines with Brazillians or Barcelona players.

Status
Not open for further replies.