Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he really in the cull category though?

Aren't there older players on higher wages that we'd be better served turfing?
I'm sure there are loads higher up the sell list Mikey, but not many of them will have any decent takers, except on loan with us subsidising the wages.

A lot depends whether the decision has been made that he has no future here. If so, then best to get shut now when he still has some suitors. If we can get £10m that would be decent.

I gotcha. I watch the games. He was pushed up high most of the time, I don't care where he started. Again, good going forward, clever with the ball, works hard, too slow. But he doesn't hold the ball, he doesn't dribble, he doesn't push the ball upfield like Andre Gomes or certainly a true box to box player like Doucoure. He RARELY touches the ball, because he usually roams around like another attacking player. He gets in dangerous positions and is good with the ball when he gets it. So half the people here thinks Sigurdsson hides because he doesn't sit on the ball as a playmaker. Van De Beek averaged FEWER passes per game than Gylfi does.

So how on earth could a central midfield player who is supposed to be a box to box player only make 25 passes a game?

Look, he's not a bad player at all, he could get better, but he's a poor fit for the PL IMO and absolutely not what we need. And I don't fault him for his style of play - frankly, if De Jong was on my team, I'd let him own the ball all game, too. Hakim Ziyech? Let him come back for the ball and boss the game OF COURSE. But he's certainly not a DM and I don't think he could play as a CM/DM in a Silva midfield. He'd be a good backup for Sigurdsson, but we already have Siggy who is better. If we need a backup for Siggy or someone to play deeper, we'd sit Siggy and play Gomes in front of Gana/Schneiderlin or whoever else we get in to play CM/DM.
“Again, good going forward, clever with the ball, works hard, too slow. But he doesn't hold the ball, he doesn't dribble, he doesn't push the ball upfield like Andre Gomes or certainly a true box to box player like Doucoure.”
What!?
First he’s not slow I’d say he’s faster than Ramsey and a similar player to him but more youthful and energetic as hell.

Good at going forward but not passing it there, dribbling it there, or keeping the ball allowing others to pick it up there? That completely contradicting what your saying and 2 of his main attributes is the speed of his play/anticipation of the game and his ability to pick out a forward pass. This isn not just my opinion, it even says it in this Article.

You’re right he may not take people on a lot but that isn’t his style of play. He’s a high pressing high energy distributor and what doesn’t scream PL about that? Saying that he is absolutely not what we need is like saying Gana is worthless to us because they are similar players without the ball. Gana’s stats are noticeably higher than Donny’s because Everton has less possession per game than Ajax have giving Gana more opportunity.

And remember Silva prefers 1 CDM and 2 box to box CMs

....money is such a big factor, especially for a youngster with agents and representatives all after their %. 10% of thefee, a huge signing figure and treble your wages. I agree, though, a move away from where he’s settled is a risk for a youngster.

We can only hope he's really mad at Chielsa (?) and the ultras because there's not really any other reason for him to join Everton now

Status
Not open for further replies.