2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be offloaded on loan to a Championship club to learn his trade. maybe if he scores a few at a lower level he might learn something.

I watched that header he missed from the Richarlison cross again last night: he clearly pulls out of that.

I understand he didn't want to be clattered by an oncoming GK, but that just underlines the difference betwen him and a real predator in the box. They'd have got their heads on that inch perfect cross and scored no matter what. No wonder Richarlison looked disgusted after DCL failed to get on the end of it.

I watched that header he missed from the Richarlison cross again last night: he clearly pulls out of that.

I understand he didn't want to be clattered by an oncoming GK, but that just underlines the difference betwen him and a real predator in the box. They'd have got their heads on that inch perfect cross and scored no matter what. No wonder Richarlison looked disgusted after DCL failed to get on the end of it.
It does kind of defeat the purpose of being great in the air huh? 100 percent needs to be braver in those situations. I’ve said it before, but I think not having a dominant season on loan has hurt his development in that regard. He doesn’t seem to have the right mentality in scoring positions.

I like DCL but yesterday convinced me that our number one priority this summer has to be a top quality striker. We need to go all out. Even if we only sign Gomes and said striker (nope, I've no idea who either), I could live with that.

It does kind of defeat the purpose of being great in the air huh? 100 percent needs to be braver in those situations. I’ve said it before, but I think not having a dominant season on loan has hurt his development in that regard. He doesn’t seem to have the right mentality in scoring positions.
I think he has played in the lower divisions though. Just not tough enough.

By the way, the header that DCL puled out of underlines how 'kin usess that phoney legend Ferguson is. WTF influence is he having that we have a striker who refuses to connect with a cross like that yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.