2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so mate imo, I think he's a front man, the type though who will get you 10-12 a season but get a fair few assists and bring others into play.

I don't think he's got the killer instinct you see the top strikers have that have a target of 20 before a ball is kicked BUT we paid 1.5m for him, he is improving and I think he would improve even more with a top top striker ahead of him ( he's basically binned off Niasse as a rival and been used more than Tosun so they haven't really challenged his position )
I agree about the killer instinct you see in top skitters and the point about learning from a top striker would of been ideal keeping Rooney for another year.

Some on
Mate sort your attitude out. All the last two pages have been is you being rude and down right snotty. I suffer with mental illness so I wasn’t diagnosing anything or anyone so not bang out of order at all
The fella was doing the same on the McCarthy thread mate.

I disagree. By all means ask why he seems so argumentative or aggressive if you feel he is being but I don’t think there’s ever justification in asking someone if there is something wrong with them mentally the way you have done.

Edit. You seem to think what you’ve done is ok and that’s your prerogative so I’ll leave it there.
Asking a question is okay. As I’ve already said in response to another post I suffer with mental health and have done for many years so maybe asking the way I did was wrong but I didn’t mean it to be. I take mental health seriously and if it’s offended you in anyway it wasn’t meant too

So it may be a case of him just being a fan from another team being a pain in the backside.
No mate he is a blue and he does know his stuff he is just wrong the way he comes over as if he knows better than you.He does not take other people's opinions into consideration.

No mate he is a blue and he does know his stuff he is just wrong the way he comes over as if he knows better than you.He does not take other people's opinions into consideration.
I can’t catch a break haha. Well I think I have upset him now without intentionally doing so everyone is entitled to their opinion just needs to curb the aggression

I think in hindsight Rooney would have played ( and contributed more ) than Tosun so yep I'd agree that Calvert Lewin would have benefited more.
Yeah he would of 110%. There seems to be more to DCL’s game which is good. Judging on the run he has had in the team he has learned a lot more and you can see the confidence he has in bringing others into play. He would be good as a squad player to bring on when games are tight to run defenders all over the place.

There appears to exist some underlying tensions in this thread. I hope they resolve themselves without recourse to any further rancour. In the match thread, myself and @BirkenheadBlue had minor dispute over who read The Lord of theRings first. But at no stage did the interchange get impolite. I hope such decorum can be followed in Eton Dom’s thread.
Now, speaking of Eton Dom, the lad’s not a goal scorer and while he’s our main striker, we’re not going to be very successful. Did I read somewhere that he’s a converted GK? Anyway, the lad’s no striker.

I'm rather tall and played some football in my day. Im ready to give my 100% every game if Everton will have me. I probably won’t score any goals either as a striker, but I’ll put in the effort for 1/10 of the salary.
You sound to possess the attributes of a potentially very good striker. I would be prepared to give you a game as our main slotter. Have you had a word with Marco?

He will struggle against defensive teams. He is probably the best option for teams that come at us. I’m not mad at Dom at all. He has his strengths and he has his weaknesses. We need another option (at least until or if Dom comes along as a goalscorer).

Status
Not open for further replies.