2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this a few weeks ago in this thread and I have no reason to change my mind, he must be an absolute nightmare to play against, he is fast, has a good first touch, big and strong, full of running and frightened of nothing. Barring serious injury, I believe he will be a very good centre forward

Am I the only one who sees this lad as an important part of this mini revival? Him up front, on his, occupies their defence, well, some of it. That creates space. Which other players have fluffed their lines recently.

Folk say he doesnt score enough. But I struggle to recall many that he has missed. Is he the bestist striker ever? No. But for some reason, he has become important to us.
It's not a coincidence that the team is creating lots of chances at the moment since Dom has been working his nads off up top.

I said this a few weeks ago in this thread and I have no reason to change my mind, he must be an absolute nightmare to play against, he is fast, has a good first touch, big and strong, full of running and frightened of nothing. Barring serious injury, I believe he will be a very good centre forward
Havn't been totally convinced myself in the past, but in this form, yes he brings something to the team. Brilliant today

I have said in the past this guy is not a natural finisher, however today I will take my hat off to him I thought he was excellent and gave their center half’s lots of trouble, his hold up play and laying the ball off superb
Well played Dom

Good back up but we need someone who can occupy defenders but also score like Vardy and Jimenez.

Our main area to improve in the summer for me.

Whether he misses a sitter or scores a screamer we play better as a team when he’s up top.
Am I the only one who sees this lad as an important part of this mini revival? Him up front, on his, occupies their defence, well, some of it. That creates space. Which other players have fluffed their lines recently.

Folk say he doesnt score enough. But I struggle to recall many that he has missed. Is he the bestist striker ever? No. But for some reason, he has become important to us.

The lad is handful for any opposition, he ran the Arsenal back four all over the place, his movement his excellent, winning the ball is good, bringing others into play is good. If people cannot see that then football is not for them.

I don’t actually recall DCL missing many; his play up top made lots of space for Richarlison, Bernard and Gylfi who were all guilty of a dodgy day in front of goal. It remains to be seen whether his game will evolve to include more goals but at the rate he’s improving at the moment I wouldn’t write the lad off.

In any event we need a striker and to ship out the deadwood in that position but I wouldn’t be surprised if DCL works his proverbial off to remain number one.

I don’t actually recall DCL missing many; his play up top made lots of space for Richarlison, Bernard and Gylfi who were all guilty of a dodgy day in front of goal. It remains to be seen whether his game will evolve to include more goals but at the rate he’s improving at the moment I wouldn’t write the lad off.

In any event we need a striker and to ship out the deadwood in that position but I wouldn’t be surprised if DCL works his proverbial off to remain number one.
Good point, its not like he actually had a lot of chances today. He should have played Bernard through in 2nd half, but can understand why he tried to go alone I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.