Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I'm going to post here, even though I'll be ashamed tomorrow...it's tough drawing breath, I self medicate too much and the Black Dog stalks me....yeah, I know I should get a grip.
Nothing to be ashamed of mate. Sometimes even the greatest grip weakens - there are people here to help you hold on.

I'm going to post here, even though I'll be ashamed tomorrow...it's tough drawing breath, I self medicate too much and the Black Dog stalks me....yeah, I know I should get a grip.
Yes you should. We all should but life is not that simple. Just remember you matter, to your friends, your family you matter. The country is screwed at the moment and people think their value is in income or power. That is crap. Depression is also a disease but we can't be bothered to invest enough in people who suffer. Just try to stay off self medication, it makes matters worse. Hold on because you matter to people like me and I don't even know you. The fact you are on an Everton site makes you incredible :)

I've been saying it for a long time, social media is a disaster for mental health, now it appears that young people presenting with mental illness will be asked about their social media use. I deleted my FB and Twitter accounts a year and a half ago and still feel great about it, I haven't had anxiety or even felt low since, one of the best decisions I ever made. I'm so happy without that distraction. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.the...sts-young-patients-social-media-mental-health

Nothing to feel ashamed about. And don't feel that you have to "man up" "grow a pair" and ignore how you feel just because that's how men are supposed to be. The people on here are amazing, they will listen and do their best to help, reassure and offer sensible advice.