2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you answering my statistics with the same statistics

Just agreeing with you.

Its a shame he wasnt used more ahead of Tosun earlier this season as at least statistically he could have had a couple more goals.

I'd really be happy with him managing 4 goals in the last 8 games to take him to 10 in the league.

That would be a nice springboard for him.

Genuinely likeable kid and he’s definitely improved - still not sure of his ceiling but he’s scored some decent goals this year when last year it looked like he had feathers in his boots when it came to shooting

12 starts
16 sub
6 goals

But, like you say its over 1165 minutes which equates to 13 full matches worth.

If he had played 13 games and scored 6 goals then that would be considered very good.

I like him, always have.
Same. Honestly think DCL has loads of potential. People forget he's so young. He can only improve as well.

This season he seemed to have bulked /grown a bit too. So over the next season I think we'll see further improvements.

Dom's played over 100 senior games, most of them in the premier league, and he's still 21. I bet there aren't that many 21 year olds around Europe with his experience at this level. To say he's playing catch up is just wrong IMO.

Hazard played in a good league. France may not be as competitive as the premier but it is still a good standard. I wouldn't argue if we decided to send Dom there for a season. Also, as I said, playing for a top team in a lesser league with regular European football is better for development than the championship.

Then there are always exceptions to the rule. Like VVD. Also players like Vardey just mature much later.

He's started 52 games over two seasons for us.

Jadon Sancho for eg has started 53 games this season for Dortmund. One season. If that's the average for him, he'd have played 100 games in 2 seasons.

James Madison in 2 seasons for Norwich and Leicester has started 76 games.

Richarlison has started 57 games in two seasons in the premiership. He's also has 20+ games for Fluminese in Brazil.

Regardless of where DCL goes, to me he still needs more game time.

Same. Honestly think DCL has loads of potential. People forget he's so young. He can only improve as well.

This season he seemed to have bulked /grown a bit too. So over the next season I think we'll see further improvements.

I think if we are all honest we have seen improvement in him. The big question is that improvement going to aid Everton with him leading the line next season? No I don't think so. We still need an established forward. Keep DCL in the shadows and sub appearances hoping his progress continues, albeit at a faster rate, before we hand him the responsibility of leading the line. In my view if we depend on DCL next season as our main man then we are in for another long long season. He is progressing but still nowhere near being good enough for the club to progress.

I think if we are all honest we have seen improvement in him. The big question is that improvement going to aid Everton with him leading the line next season? No I don't think so. We still need an established forward. Keep DCL in the shadows and sub appearances hoping his progress continues, albeit at a faster rate, before we hand him the responsibility of leading the line. In my view if we depend on DCL next season as our main man then we are in for another long long season. He is progressing but still nowhere near being good enough for the club to progress.
Based on the fact brands doesn't want to be signing a top striker and instead developing our own players, I think we'll see a lot of him next season regardless. We'll see what happens.

He's started 52 games over two seasons for us.

Jadon Sancho for eg has started 53 games this season for Dortmund. One season. If that's the average for him, he'd have played 100 games in 2 seasons.

James Madison in 2 seasons for Norwich and Leicester has started 76 games.

Richarlison has started 57 games in two seasons in the premiership. He's also has 20+ games for Fluminese in Brazil.

Regardless of where DCL goes, to me he still needs more game time.
Jadon Sancho is a special talent. Arguably the best English talent since Rooney. DCL clearly isn't anywhere near that level. Richarlison, who already has a handful of caps for the Brazil full national team might I add, has 5 more starts than DCL at this level. More than half of Madisons games were in the championship.

Listen mate, let's just disagree. neither of us is going to change our minds and footballs all about opinions anyway;)

Status
Not open for further replies.