What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much messing about Managers/DOF’s. No one knows what Walsh did or bought and same with Brands. When does Brands become accountable for failure.

I preferred the old way of a manager and a No2, it’s no coincidence that the club has wasted money and been poor in the league since we’ve changed the way we do things.

Brands becomes accountable when the decisions he makes fail.

We need a balance in this team; if we have that then the defensive frailties become less obvious...apart from the set piece issue.

So, back to Keegan at Newcastle and Ardilles at Spurs then ? Flood the team with Strikers and try and outscore the opposition and just hope we don't concede more than them?

This is the crux of the matter for me. I’m really looking forward to Brands punting as many of them as possible in the summer and freeing up the hideously oversaturated wage bill.

Punting Jagielka, Martina, Baines, Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Mirallas and Niasse would save us about £600k per week and we wouldn’t miss a single one of them. Didn’t include Sandro because let’s face it, he’s going to hang around till his deal expires. Seeing all them lot binned would instantly make me feel better about our future.

Punting them to where?

Too much messing about Managers/DOF’s. No one knows what Walsh did or bought and same with Brands. When does Brands become accountable for failure.

I preferred the old way of a manager and a No2, it’s no coincidence that the club has wasted money and been poor in the league since we’ve changed the way we do things.
True. This DoF nonsense has left us with a fragmented hierarchy and squad of very disenfranchised and unsellable players. Let the manager decide who to buy and sell. Back to basics really. Maybe have a clause where if the manager is sacked all the players he signed get half salary.

Punting them to where?

CQA-555-Old-Swan-HWRC-featured-image-01.jpg

All this self mockery and look at the mighty riches of Chelsea and their oligarch owner. After consecutive 4-0 and 6-0 batterings their manager may be for the chop. They say Sarri can't motivate players, and in his defence some say his English is too limited. Ring a bell anyone?

All this self mockery and look at the mighty riches of Chelsea and their oligarch owner. After consecutive 4-0 and 6-0 batterings their manager may be for the chop. They say Sarri can't motivate players, and in his defence some say his English is too limited. Ring a bell anyone?
Hoofing Conte was such a smart move.

True. This DoF nonsense has left us with a fragmented hierarchy and squad of very disenfranchised and unsellable players. Let the manager decide who to buy and sell. Back to basics really. Maybe have a clause where if the manager is sacked all the players he signed get half salary.
Why not go back to the situation that predated the ‘manager’ position?
Originally the board selected the team and handled transfers, leaving the trainer to ,well, train them.
It didn’t do Dean and the teams of that era any problems.
Or maybe Football like any other business is constantly evolving and finding new solutions to manage changing environments.
It is notable that two footballing ‘old style’ managers in Mourinho and Allardyce have recently commented on the need to be supported by a DoF due to the complexities of modern player management.

Why not go back to the situation that predated the ‘manager’ position?
Originally the board selected the team and handled transfers, leaving the trainer to ,well, train them.
It didn’t do Dean and the teams of that era any problems.
Or maybe Football like any other business is constantly evolving and finding new solutions to manage changing environments.
It is notable that two footballing ‘old style’ managers in Mourinho and Allardyce have recently commented on the need to be supported by a DoF due to the complexities of modern player management.
But it isn't working for us is it? In fact it's been a disaster for the last 4/5 years.
edit - and Allardyce had one with us.

No point sacking Silva and Brands should publicly back him to show the players that they'll go before Silva if they don't perform.

If set pieces really are an issue from Silva and his coaching staff and not the players then Brands needs to recruit another coach to help with this.

I understand why people are saying to sack him but I do feel like a majority of those people just jump to the conclusion of sacking too quickly and they don't seem to have an answer as to who we get in except for stupid shouts for world class managers, who wouldnt even sniff at us. Social media doesn't help and feeds into the hyperbole... Sacking really is not a working solution for us as has been shown since Martinez. Stability and a young hungry manager at the helm is key but Silva needs support too if his coaching staff aren't up to it or if there are holes in his system. Behind most successful managers there's usually a successful team and support network etc.

I honestly don't think much of the blame lies with Silva for this season and sacking him will only see us end up with someone like Wagner in which case I'd rather stick with Silva and let him get it right. Tbh some people aren't even willing to give him a chance. A good example of this are the statements these same people make about Martinez when they say he only done so well in his first season because of the defensive foundations and work rate left by Moyes, which may be true, but Silva isn't afforded the same excuses/ reasons. The same people aren't saying or acknowledging that Silva inherited a mess of a squad, cowardly players and players happy to pick up a massive wedge yet contribute nothing.

Imo he's up against it til we rid the squad of the garbage and start bringing in more players like Digne and Gomes etc but for that he needs time and patience. The players deserve grief and all fingers should be pointed firmly at them, four managers some of these players have now gotten sacked.
Silva signed 6 players in August, all of them play regulary so why have we not improved. These players must have been signed because they suit his style of play, so why are we so awful

Status
Not open for further replies.