Blackpool 2-2 Everton. Saturday 6th November @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in the same boat as you lot. It depends which team shows up. We have been sussed recently and the smarter managers have figured a way to stop our flowing play - see brum. I doubt we would have beaten West Brom if it had stayed 11 v 11, we barely managed to beat their 9. However, that was an important win for us. The pressure to win at home has been immense and to get that monkey off our back is only going to make us better. Don't think you will walk all over us. We are on the same points as you and on a good day will beat most teams. Enjoy your weekend in Blackpool, for all it's tackiness it's still a great place to go and have a beer and a laugh.

We are in the same boat as you lot. It depends which team shows up. We have been sussed recently and the smarter managers have figured a way to stop our flowing play - see brum. I doubt we would have beaten West Brom if it had stayed 11 v 11, we barely managed to beat their 9. However, that was an important win for us. The pressure to win at home has been immense and to get that monkey off our back is only going to make us better. Don't think you will walk all over us. We are on the same points as you and on a good day will beat most teams. Enjoy your weekend in Blackpool, for all it's tackiness it's still a great place to go and have a beer and a laugh.

We've got a better amusement park though...

ANFIELD.

Boom.

If we sit back, we'll get punished.

If we take the game to them, I believe our defense can withstand any potential Blackpool counterattacks.

Not a game for Moyes to be cautious as I believe that would play into Blackpool's hands.

If we sit back, we'll get punished.

If we take the game to them, I believe our defense can withstand any potential Blackpool counterattacks.

Not a game for Moyes to be cautious as I believe that would play into Blackpool's hands.

Agreed, i spoke about this on another thread before the Spurs game. We have to press high up the pitch. Blackpool are a team that keeps it on the ground which will allow us to rush them into mistakes because they wont just by pass the midfield the way Stoke and Wolves do. This was why we dominated the 1st half against the [Poor language removed]. This will create chances for us without having to do anything special because Blackpool are still Championship standard when it come to defending.

The only risk to pressing high up the pitch is that the back four will need to play a high line, which make us vunerable to a pass over the top. However if we deny Charlie Adam any space and time I dont see that as too big a risk.

I dont underestimate Blackpool, I just think they will play into our hands, 3-0 blues for me.

2-0..
Yak and Cahill... Cahill will get a lucky goal and Holloway will be complaining doing his stand up act for motd

I watched Adam against West Brom, and it might be a good idea to give him space so he can give the ball back to us with his ridiculous Hollywood passes he tries to pull off. Hopefully Arteta/Pienaar show him how a proper playmaker goes about his business.

I watched Adam against West Brom, and it might be a good idea to give him space so he can give the ball back to us with his ridiculous Hollywood passes he tries to pull off. Hopefully Arteta/Pienaar show him how a proper playmaker goes about his business.

I'd love to see Charlie Adam in the Royal Blue

Where would you play him?

I think he could be a long-term replacement for Cahill, he could do a job on the left also. He wouldn't intially get in our first XI but he could be our main man after Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar are gone. I think he has a presence and offers something different to what we already have

I think he could be a long-term replacement for Cahill, he could do a job on the left also. He wouldn't intially get in our first XI but he could be our main man after Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar are gone. I think he has a presence and offers something different to what we already have

He's so [Poor language removed].

Status
Not open for further replies.